Best Android camera apps: camera replacement (2014 edition)
0. phoneArena 18 Jul 2014, 03:49 posted on
Having a smartphone in your pocket is empowering. But with a capable camera, it is inspiring - you can take really great shots in most conditions…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Necromancer (Posts: 10; Member since: 27 Jan 2013)
I've used Camera FX and Camera FV-5 and I must say that the former is my primary camera app while the latter is a good alternative if you want to experiment
2. boosook (Posts: 992; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Where's Vignette? It's one of the best (if not THE best) IMO. The interface may be not be all bells and whistles like other apps, but the effects and the features are all there, with some unique features.
To compile this list, seems that they just spent 5 minutes on Google Play after having searched for "camera app"...
3. SavageLucy42 (Posts: 211; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
Pudding Camera is what I was using for a while because it seemed to take crisper pictures than my default camera. Recently started using the free version of Pro Capture, though, and may end up buying the full version. Love the reduced-noise option, and it comes with a panorama setting that works super well.
5. rizevnarastek (Posts: 330; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Stock HTC camera app is the best in every regard ;)
6. ebubekir26 (Posts: 311; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
HTC ? yes but not only HTC, stock camera app is better on every android device
7. refillable (Posts: 631; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
As a photographer, one will only keep android's stock camera app and a paid version of Camera FV-5 to each give easy capture and manual settings.
9. bestmvno (Posts: 146; Member since: 07 Mar 2014)
Google Camera needs to add manual white balance, and manual iso settings. Fancy filters are all fun and nice, but those other controls are far more important.
11. Damo579 (Posts: 190; Member since: 18 May 2013)
I'm surprised that hipstamatic isn't available for android. I love using it on my 1020.
12. p51d007 (Posts: 59; Member since: 24 Nov 2013)
Camera FV-5 here, I like the ability to customize my settings, like I do on my dSLR.
13. clarkjeferson (Posts: 51; Member since: 22 Dec 2013)
Needs more Almalence's A Better Camera and Transform Camera
14. rsiders (Posts: 251; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Android guys and gals help me out. I'm really considering switching to Android from Windows Phone if certain conditions are not met by this winter. Is there any Android app that will give me access to the camera's shutter speed on any Android smartphone besides the HTC One?(it already has that function built into the settings) I have the Lumia 1020 so I'm not going to switch for the One as much as I love the phone and I still want to be able to take control over my photography.
15. clarkjeferson (Posts: 51; Member since: 22 Dec 2013)
A Better Camera by Almalence has ISO Shutter speed control.
16. rsiders (Posts: 251; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Thanks clarkjeferson. I'll give it a shot on my wife's Galaxy S5.
17. Baqi1 (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Sep 2014)
Camera FX Live: Please check this camera out. It has some great filters: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nm.camerafx
Spent quite a time developing the filters.