Best Android 4.3 custom ROMs
0. phoneArena 20 Aug 2013, 09:34 posted on
Ask a bunch of people to sum up what that underlying design philosophy that Android candidly followed is, and openness and stemming from that – customization – are sure to make a telling appearance...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9879; Member since: 14 May 2012)
PA, I've said this before. There IS NO best ROM. It all depends on what the user wants and how they want their phone to look like.
Change the title because it's completely not true.
4. CellularNinja (Posts: 306; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
He's just recommending some high quality ROMs, take a breathe.
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9879; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Changing the title to "Most Popular 4.3 ROMs" is a simple fix. Not hard at all.
12. sssssssss (Posts: 6; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
why not they simply make a poll so we can decide our best rom :D
13. GeorgeDao123 (Posts: 390; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
Absolutely agree with you. No best ROM for all users. Each one has his/her best ROM. So are brands and operating systems.
15. duder52 (Posts: 27; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
These are what the author of the article considers the best roms. It is irrelevant whether he uses the word "best" or "favorite" the same thing is implied for either term. It sometimes seems as if developers refuse to use the term "best" so as not to defend other developers who don't get the title of "best".
18. Chris.P (Posts: 417; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
I'll stipulate that these may not necessarily be the best ROMs for everybody out there, but I see no reason to fool around, claiming all ROMs were created equal. That's simply not true.
Please bear in mind that compiling an extensive list of the truly best ROMs is quite the impossible task -- one is pretty much forced to cut the massive list down sooner or later, which is exactly what you have here. Moreover, not all ROMs have been updated for 4.3 while others may have simply managed to slip past us, despite our best efforts :).
19. duder52 (Posts: 27; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
As is the case with just about everything, something has to be the best and something has to be the worst. Well done on the selection. These are all the more popular roms that officially support a wide range of devices and many have been ported unofficially.
22. tedkord (Posts: 7621; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
There are definitely different strata of custom roms. CM usually has a lot of broken features and bugs. Some are really unstable, some are porrly executed, etc...
27. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Been using Paranoid Android for a while now, no problems with it and its better than the stock android.
29. MrSamsungGalaxy (Posts: 3; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
CLARIFICATION FOR THE WRITER: Contrary to your comment there is a BEST ROM but your lack of technical understanding leave s you to not understand the concept. When speaking in terms of "BEST", best means which ROM has the least bugs, stock application integration and more. It simply means "This or these are the ROMS which have had the LEAST reported problems out there and/or will support future growth in ROMS or apps. That is a Tech classification. Heres YOUR lesson. Your reply defeats your own argument because you stated that there is no best but only a best to each individual and last time i checked this is THE WRITERS POST so your correct and this is HIS opinion of Best being as though its his article. There are 2 explanations to clarify your false accusations towards the writer.
33. cnpthe3rd (Posts: 69; Member since: 01 Feb 2009)
Relax and read the full title again it says "best roms" as in the ones that work best have the most or best features are most stable etc and it then gives you a lot to choose from
6. sssssssss (Posts: 6; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
every rom has some bugs or some missing feature . so i prefer stock rom . but cyanogen and pac are my fav. among them
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9879; Member since: 14 May 2012)
LiquidSmooth is my favorite. I've tried out 5 and this one seems to appeal to me more. I'm running 4.2.2 now but don't know if I want to try an unstable 4.3 ROM..
7. Gsizzle (Posts: 39; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
PSX (Pure Speed eXperiment)
Fastest 4.3 ROM till date.
11. StalkinUrMom (Posts: 111; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
Currently rocking PA 3.97 I'm waiting for a 4.3 MIUI though.
17. uchihakurtz (Posts: 316; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Running Cataclysm on my Nexus 4. I find it the most fulfilling ROM I've tried since 4.3, the customizable Tiles which includes Network Speed, the hold to go to last activity on the Recent Apps button, and how it can disable the lockscreen camera and a whole lot more.
20. yadu004 (Posts: 64; Member since: 26 Apr 2013)
Carbon Rom nightlies are available for S4 as well. That being said, very good job on covering the aspects regarding custom ROMs as well. Many people work hard on developing these ROMs, and it is nice to know that they are getting good attention through sites like yours. Nice to see some articles like these for a change other than the same old boring rumors about phones and their specs etc like GSMArena does.
21. Suo.Eno (Posts: 430; Member since: 17 Feb 2013)
For the S II GT-I9100G, this ROM MoKee Open Source deserves a mention. It's CM10.2 based and probably the sharpest China based effort around complete w/ Halo and PIE and it's own slightly tweaked CM kernel.
23. Igneel (Posts: 19; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Paranoid Android is my go-to rom but I dual boot my Nexus 4 with CM10.2 updates just to see how far have they improved in killing bugs. PA is practically bugless right now (with new add-ons for Halo 2.0), running 4.3 :D
26. haroonazeem638 (Posts: 133; Member since: 29 Mar 2011)
I am running CM 10.2 as well. I really want to use Paranoid Android because of some of it's cool features. Can you guide me through dual boot? Does dual booting affect performance by the way?
24. silentcon (Posts: 4; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
Anyone recommend a fast and stable 4.2 or 4.3 rom for sgs2? Using stock 4.1 atm and its so laggy.
25. Retro-touch (Posts: 268; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
This is a great list and I've tried every single one of these ROMS and definitely agree with the author, currently using Cataclysm was previously on ParanoidAndroid
28. suyash1629 (Posts: 22; Member since: 09 Aug 2013)
PA's custom ROM is the best one I've ever used
30. troz1958 (Posts: 1; Member since: 20 Sep 2013)
Flashing the Rasbeanjelly rom caused my Nexus 7 (original) to lose root. When I restored to stock 4.3,root was restored too.
31. sone_vibrant (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Sep 2013)
Slim Rom very smooth and stable , I'm really love with it
32. mr4ffe (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
Registered on this site just to say this: The latest "stable" P.A.C. ROM for Nexus 4 is really unstable. Also I can't get GApps to work.
Wouldn't recommend it, but try it if you want to.