Before launching the Lumia 1520, Nokia wants to know if you like the word "phablet"
0. phoneArena 13 Sep 2013, 20:19 posted on
The word "phablet" has always been a bit of an awkward word. It was created because there is an indistinct grey area between the acceptable size for a smartphone, and the acceptable size for a small tablet. Not everyone is a fan of the word, and Nokia wants to find out what your feelings are on the term. It seems Nokia isn't sure if people like the word, or even know it...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Commentator (Posts: 3701; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I'm a bigger fan of Tablone. Or Smablet. Or Smabletone.
2. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Anything above 5 inch to 6.3 is classed as Phablet™
3. Commentator (Posts: 3701; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Or Phoblet. Or Smartlet Tabone. Or Phart Tone.
52. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
I hate the name Phablet. but don't care as long screen size are 5" or higher.
10. Mrmark (Posts: 281; Member since: 26 Jan 2013)
I would say 5.3 - 6.4 is phablet if and only if it has phone capabilities!
14. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Then the Xperia Ultra is a tablet with it's 6.44" screen then.
37. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3725; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I think the entire idea of the word "phablet" is ridiculous. The original Galaxy Note at 5.3" is a phablet, but the LG G2 at 5.2" is not? There's a .1" difference! What about the original phablet, the Dell Streak? That was 5". Personally, I think they're all just phones.
49. Trololol (Posts: 33; Member since: 12 Sep 2013)
They just getting bigger and bigger, maybe smartphones will be 5.5" or 6" and tablet will be 14" - 20" in the next year
26. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2278; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Sooo,, i should consider my genitals, a "phablet XXL"?? LoL jp, and yea i agree
45. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Phablet is the best name for device screen is between 5 to 6.5. And smartphones is between 3 to 5.
51. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
or Phablet is between 5.5 to 6.5 and smartphone is 3 to 5.5
4. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1038; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
I like what Nokia is doing because they want the public's opinion on a proper definition of their first 5+ inch phone. I like "phablet" myself
5. Commentator (Posts: 3701; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I'd be a fan of "notepad" if the word hadn't already basically been hijacked by Samsung.
24. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Padphone would be nice. But asus have it.
30. SingDaFire (Posts: 74; Member since: 21 Jun 2013)
Tabphone will be great or how bout Tabby , eg. Carla - hi honey can you pass me my tabby please or hi honey can you pass me my tabphone please. I think its easier
31. SingDaFire (Posts: 74; Member since: 21 Jun 2013)
Phablet don't sound too good , eg. Hi James can you pass me my phablet please?.. James - Wat?.. Your tablet?..
Phae and thae sounds similar so u get confused if you don't hear it properly
6. skuld (Posts: 44; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
what's more important is how the device is going to perform. call it whatever.
11. DaHarder (Posts: 177; Member since: 10 Oct 2009)
As someone who uses iOS, Android and WP8 on a daily basis, WP8 is the least likely of the three to suffer from any 'performance' issues in my experience.
Be it scrolling/transition 'smoothness' or battery life, whatever optimization Nokia/Microsoft is doing, They're Doing It Right.
16. criticism (Posts: 46; Member since: 12 Sep 2013)
I think if the name of Apple company was Cucumber then it would not become as popular az now!
8. Whateverman (Posts: 3269; Member since: 17 May 2009)
I'm kinda partial to the word... PHONE!
9. gust3r3u (Posts: 84; Member since: 11 Apr 2013)
tiny phone < phone < big a$$ phone < "dude why are you talking to a plate" or "bro you got something on your face "
28. Zeus.k (unregistered)
12. Topcat488 (Posts: 1396; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
"NOKORSOFT" or Nokia/Microsoft is always late to the "Party".
It took Microsoft "ages" to come into the smartphone (OEM) side of the business. Now that they have acquired Nokia, They want to ask what the "hottest" category should be called...
GET with the TIMES Nokrosoft!!! That category has been named... It's called...
And your new company is called: Nokrosoft