"Beautiful phones are coming" says Nokia CEO Elop
0. phoneArena 21 Mar 2013, 22:23 posted on
In an interview on Finnish television, Nokia CEO Stephen Elop said that what makes Nokia devices stand out are their beautiful designs and the great photography that the camera on the phones produce; the executive said that future Nokia models will exaggerate both designs and photography and take them to "higher and higher levels"...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
Come on brushed aluminum design. I don't mind weight, I like my phones to have a little heft. I don't like the light weight ones. Makes me feel I'm going to break it. (I know it won't but I still don't like the feel)
8. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
nokia please surprise everyone beat them all ..........................best luck for that......
16. haroonazeem638 (Posts: 130; Member since: 29 Mar 2011)
Nokia can. Only if they use Android on their next handset.
30. asad8424 (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Mar 2013)
if Nokia use android than Samsung will be die. that's a great example by windows phone platform.....
39. sats.mine2k4 (banned) (Posts: 208; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
So instead of killing Samsung, Nokia is killing themselves by using windows...ELOP should be sued for this. I love nokia and am amazed by their pure view tech... but windows is so sad..yak...!!!
34. andro. (Posts: 1974; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
A beautiful handset coming...... maybe,featuring an wp os nobody likes or wants to buy.....definitely
49. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Andro, the only nobody round here is you, and your opinion still counts for 3hit....
63. andro. (Posts: 1974; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Its impossible to be nobody if you exist,as you therefore exist. Funny enough phantoms are not meant to exist in the physical sense so maybe people called urban phantom equally don't exist and are a nobody
42. yahoo29 (Posts: 71; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
Agree with you but I think nokia will not use android
67. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 367; Member since: 07 May 2012)
lets not rule anything out,elop said they had a plan b in the vault
33. Muzhhur (Posts: 248; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
agree, when I have the Lumia 920 in my hands I feel more powerfull XD its the same feeling whit swords :)
61. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
And here comes the Nokia Lumia 940 will be liking this phone™
2. GeekMovement (Posts: 1575; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Sprint is missing out on so much awesomeness.
20. yowanvista (Posts: 321; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Buy an international device like everyone.
73. ZeroCide (Posts: 702; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
will an international device work on sprint?
3. asingha94 (Posts: 294; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
Yea!!bring it on!bring some sexy aluminium design!!
4. JulianGT (Posts: 83; Member since: 15 Oct 2012)
808 pureview + 920 + new nokia technology = Best phone ever
17. haroonazeem638 (Posts: 130; Member since: 29 Mar 2011)
+ Android would make it the best phone ever
22. jacobspeeds (Posts: 34; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
f**k no! cant an inefficient laggy android handling this much processing power from the GPU...only symbian can...
68. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 367; Member since: 07 May 2012)
have you used jelly bean,even ics is smooth. android is true multitasking like windows so there it needs more processing power and ram-that is logical
64. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
are you still crying? doesnt android offer you enough
this shows through all there crap android fans arent happy with the current offering and are whining for more. im sure android fanboys are so unhappy. there never satisfied with what they have always saying wait for the next one i.e. when the s4 came out and wasnt all it could be they quickly said wait for the note 3
79. haroonazeem638 (Posts: 130; Member since: 29 Mar 2011)
You are a complete idiot for saying that. You see, we Android fans have never been happier or more excited to see a new Android flagship to come into the market. Why? Because of competition. I don't include blackberry or Apple in it because they have no competition with Android (overall). Android has overtook them long time ago. But the thing is where you are stuck with a the same sh!tty OS from 7 years, Android has gone a far way. Today, we have the best smartphones available thanks to Samsung, Sony, LG and HTC. But with new awesome devices coming every few months, it's hard to decide which device to buy and keep. That's how awesome market is right now. I don't have to wait a freaking year for a new WP to come out or an apple device to come out or a blackberry to come out (because even when they do they are crap).
And the truth is WE LOVE NOKIA. Nokia makes awesome handsets. Too bad that they are stuck with MS to make stupid windows phones. Which is why if there was a Nokia Android right now, we'd know who can beat Samsung and who has the ability to really make the best Android handset.
24. jacobspeeds (Posts: 34; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
hell yea! but imagine the bulk!!! Really wish the 808 had image stabilisation!! it woulda really competed with low light shooters given that amount to detail!!!
5. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1313; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Is Nokia making an Android phone? Otherwise who cares.
18. charms55 (Posts: 41; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
Android obviously cares. iPhone customers generally aren't going anywhere. If anyone is going to lose market to WP or Blackberry, it will be Android devices. This IMO is why Samsung has gotten not only cold feet, but now seems Hell-bent on dissing a platform they previously whole-heartedly embraced. It may not be huge in the short-term, but by a thousand small chips and divots, there will be an equalizing of the playing field. With Apple poised to drop a low-end device soon, and Windows 8 convertibles and tablets slowly climbing into the market, there will be a reckoning coming.
56. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Don't even think about Nokia + Android right now, maybe next time, ok?
6. vandroid (Posts: 309; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
I think Nokia phones are ugly but that's just my opinion
9. vincelongman (Posts: 1761; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
I just think they (their 2012 models) have huge bezels, the top and bottom are nearly as big as the iPhones' and the side bezel are probably about the biggest around.
But the two new Lumias released this have much smaller bezel and are even better looking.
7. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Keep up the good work Mr. Elop. I realize your strategy and believe it makes sense- penetrate the the low to midrange market to increase awareness and market share.
Then save the big guns for the brainwashed filled markets like the US and Europe.
11. pixelado (Posts: 130; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
I used to like Nokia handsets back in the Symbian days, but I'm not willing to put up with their current software platform.
Their phones are amazing, design and spec-wise, but I need more than just colored squares.
25. Hafiz (Posts: 78; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
They had so many choices n they went with windows :/
Meego,symbian,Android.... they shud've gone with one f these!
51. lyndon420 (Posts: 1829; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Yup. They could have spread some money around and tested the waters with a couple platforms like other OEM's while Windows was being developed.
69. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 367; Member since: 07 May 2012)
agree meego would've been a nice choice but nokia will be lost or in deep battle in the adroid market,the more choices and elegan os's to choose from the better.every company can't stick to android.
variety is alwayas key to longevity.
maybe they could go with wp & android.jst saying
38. andro. (Posts: 1974; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
You find the vast majority of people agree with you, most customers I see are instantly turned off by live tikes grid square ui. Only the niche Nokia or windows fans like it but unfortunately for Nokia that's a very small niche of people
52. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
You can't be number 1 elop, you don't own your office building anymore.
The poor man's 2012 income was cut to 1.5 million.
Nokia could come back, dumping him and using a range of Nokias or Android oS would help.
Yea having faith is knowingly a brainless thing.
Good luck Nokia
12. joesseth (Posts: 58; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
You make beautiful and great phones. Thank you. I hope it comes with beautiful apps too.
Please create more apps and games.
13. Jyakotu (Posts: 824; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
Sprint, when the hell are you going to let Nokia make you a Lumia device?!
15. charms55 (Posts: 41; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
Waiting for the aluminum phone as well. Time to move on from HTC as they have no plan to initiate a new "flagship" phone after the paltry effort with the 8X. May be a nice phone, but no phone should come out with less than 32GB or SD memory expansion; Qi charging; etc. There is no logical reason for me to move from my Titan to the 8X, and so far, I am not impressed with the camera on the OneX. Seems a step back.
So I am ready for the Nokia. More robust eco system, better apps, innovation with each step and I feel they have nearly completed their low and middle tier devices. Ready for the next high-end phone
19. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
I'm really excited for the next Nokia Flagship, have a good feeling about it! Can't wait to get it!
23. Hafiz (Posts: 78; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
When NOKIA says there are beautiful phones coming.....u knw its true!!
41. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
RUSTICGUY -- Right Guy With The Wrong Idea.
74. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Sure I have my opinion and you have yours ... it's democratic world where everyone's allowed to speak.
43. yahoo29 (Posts: 71; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
Literally he is true , Nokia just got everything like good camera , build, design and Good Nokia Apps like Nokia Here , but the only wrong thing that they do is using Windows phone 8 >.< , windows phone 8 have a Beautiful UI but they dont have many APPS.
45. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
I agree, apps in the Windows ecosystem are the biggest "problem", but there is too much of the same right now, Android after android after android! Yes, It would be interesting if they made an Android phone, but why bother?! Samsung is killing the android competition... Nokia would of been less successful with android and fighting against Samsung instead of using Windows with weaker competition. Nokia are taking the risk and innovation instead of being safe and using Android like 90% of all other phone makers. We need change in the smartphone market, and Nokia is leading the way.
54. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1057; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
i reckon nokia would kill samsung in one year if they joined samsung and they can make a UI similar to their Symbian UI on android but that would be boring nokia is the only thing carrying WP ATM it's why wp is still around i like a bit of choice to have a stretchy market with different choice i wanna buy a wp this year an android next year and one of dem new oses coming out the year after not same thing thing what nokia are doing is making a flexible market
60. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Samsung is know for there Cpu and Gpu along with Amoled.
Nokia is known only for camera.
Consumers tend to go with specs and innovation™
65. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
so you think the average customer knows samsung for there CPU and GPU. bigger bs has never been said. the average customer sees the galaxy line like the iphone and ipad. shiny phones they have to have as everyones getting them.
they no nothing on the cpu etc baby troll
''Consumers tend to go with specs and innovation''
nope customers go for what makes them happy or what everyones getting. if it was for innovation samsung would be screwed
71. amansingal14 (Posts: 299; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
Oh, so lets compare Sammy and Nokia's windows phone flagship specs -
Processor - Dual Core Krait each
RAM - 1GB each
CPU annd GPu - same
RAM - Same
Specs wise Nokia loses, right?
58. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Seriously, I disagree. Nokia is OK with Windows Phone right now, why not give them a try? Even though I'm using Android, but I must say Android is not gonna rule forever.
72. Hafiz (Posts: 78; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
Don't know why...But windows just doesn't seem right..!!
75. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Currently i am really bored of Samsung as it is in SAMEsung mode. I would have bought Nokia but for the OS.
Let's see if they will do Ubuntu phones... the day they do i'll buy one
29. MachDaddy (Posts: 33; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
I would be very interested in a Nokia phone, but like others have said before me, only as an Android!
31. frydaexiii (Posts: 1241; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Beautiful phones are coming? lol, the Lumia 800, 900 and 920 all look the same, if I didn't find it beautiful before, I probably won't if they keep up the same design...Even if they changed the design, you still can't change that hideous WP interface...
55. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1057; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
lol it's not like android is perfect buddy and WP UI is beautifull OS i just not fully mature yet
and the 920 looks slightly different from the 800 and 900 and has different colours available
unlike samsung and apple same design black and white go kill yourself and are you saying apple don't use the same design as their flagship on other phones they make like galaxy mini and many more ??