Bazinga! Prodigy balks at Android tablet gift on Jimmy Kimmel: 'We're getting iPad for Christmas!'
0. phoneArena 06 Nov 2013, 05:25 posted on
The 5-year-old Arden Hayes was on Jimmy Kimmel again last night, this time blowing our minds with his knowledge of geography, countries and capitals, and the parting gifts segment became a perfect example of product placement gone wrong...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
9. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
This kid just wanted to show off that he will get an iPad at Christmas time and failed hard not taking both tablets. Hard lessons, for stupidity need to pay! :D
12. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Talking about greediness, he could take this tablet and save Santa's (parents) money. That was a gift, instead of taking the gift he was like: "Meh.. I will get an iPad at Christmas..." - And it is named as arrogance if you didn't knew!
Anyway, he is just a kid, he will grow up. :)
23. greathero1 (Posts: 549; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
Or he could just have let Jimmy give the tablet away to somebody who needed more than himself. Call it a charitable contribution. Also the kid is far from stupid and is probably more intelligent than half the people who roam this site repeating the same mess over and over again.
27. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Yes, I agree with you. Also I didn't meant that kid is stupid, I just want to say that in my opinion his current action was not wise.
35. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
the kid is stupid.
he could of taken the tablet, instead of being a snobby little boy. how was he suppose to know which tablet he would like best?
he couldve taken the tablet and sold it for cheap or given it away to a family who could benefit from having a tablet. like me, i dont have a personal computer at home... so if jimmy kimmel were to give me a free tablet, i would be super excited. i also wouldnt responded with such nonsense. i hope this kid doesnt get an ipad for xmas. not only because he needs to learn some manners but also because hes five.
26. Finalflash (Posts: 2222; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Yea, but these kids that get fame early and then no one cares when they're no longer cute and adorable kinda end up in a bad place. I just hope his parents take the right paths while raising him because you are right, the arrogance is very apparent even now.
3. cezarepc (Posts: 674; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Stupid kid. I'd still take it even if I already have an iPad Air, Nexus 10, Note 10 (2013), Gpad 8.0, etc. lol
7. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 938; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Lol, yeah, I'd have taken it and put it on eBay and Gumtree, get a bit of cash out of it.
4. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 938; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
WOW! The kid's face when Jimmy gave him the Tablet Z, he was having none of it. Class.
5. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Brain washed knowledge.
6. darkkjedii (Posts: 16368; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Lol he's a whiz kid, he knows what the best is. +1 little dude.
32. Narnag88 (Posts: 4; Member since: 24 Apr 2013)
you mean.."(If he is a wise kid, he) would (have) took them both."
33. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I was in rush to reply. I don't know how smart is kid, but in my opinion much more wise decision was to take Android tablet too.
38. quakan (Posts: 1293; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
*If he (was) a wise kid, he would have (taken) them both.
22. Sauce (unregistered)
I highly doubt you caught his sense of humor.
11. Miracles (Posts: 560; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
I would have taken the Sony Xperia Z Tablet (-_-)) Kids are truly innocent. No greed. :D
15. Whateverman (Posts: 3237; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Thank you! He's an innocent, honest little kid and I think that's a good thing.
13. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
well there you go a bitch slap on the tablet haha.
14. Whateverman (Posts: 3237; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Sad, you guys are really calling this 5 year old kid "stupid" why... because he doesn't share your love for Android? Let it go guys!
17. Sniggly (Posts: 7291; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
He's five years old. It happens. Hell, during Christmas one time my oldest brother gave us a movie we already had (he didn't know it) and I of course blurted out the enlightening truth of the matter. I felt so bad when my mom pointed out what I had done.
This kid will probably facepalm in the coming years when he sees this video again. Not that he *really* did anything wrong, but he'll feel like a jerk.
If he were older, like 13, and said this though, I'd laugh if the little jerk didn't get an iPad for Christmas after all.
16. anleoflippy (Posts: 554; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
As an owner of the Tablet Z. I am greatly butthurt.
18. marchels14 (unregistered)
That kid is just brainwashed by Apple. What is for free take it you stupid.
25. greathero1 (Posts: 549; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
Comment #18 equals dumbest comment of the morning!
24. greathero1 (Posts: 549; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
Well if that's the case, the Xperia tablet would have been a better toy because he could play with it in the bathtub and sandbox lol! Maybe Jimmy should have shown him that to sway the kid.
39. quakan (Posts: 1293; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
He probably would have taken it to the sandbox and buried it deep into the ground.
36. Zimakool (Posts: 9; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
It's a Childs toy , my niece is 2 and can operate an ipad, he doesn't want an android because it will blow his mind , you actually have to think when using android . Apple products are dumbed down to be made as simplistic as possible... hence why a 2yr Child can easily operate it. It looks just like a toy with those big app icons. Sometimes it's better to stick with what you know otherwise you'll find out just how much you never really knew in the first place. A real prodigy would have tried the android tablet out, but hey he's just a
Kid and Kids love their toys! I was addicted to apple products, then decided to give android a try, once you get a taste of freedom from restrictions & choice it's a no brainer. Change can be scary but sometimes change is good! Never going back to Apple - that would be a step backwards!
40. quakan (Posts: 1293; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
An android tablet blowing the mind of a child prodigy? Yeah, I don't think so. You act as if the whole interface is displayed in binary code.
41. rabidhunter (Posts: 90; Member since: 05 Jul 2013)
Just wait until he figures out how to use iTunes AppStore and makes a few purchases on his mommy and daddy's credit card. Seriously, he's 5, Leggos are a great gift for a 5 year old.