Bay Trail Atom processor by Intel is announced – quad-core power for tablet use
0. phoneArena 07 Jan 2013, 15:58 posted on
So, it looks like the rumor mill was on the right track all along: Intel just announced a new Atom processor made with tablets in mind. Codenamed "Bay Trail", the quad-core chip is built using 22nm manufacturing process, meaning that high efficiency and low power consumption are...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
Yes, yes yes... watever, when can we expect amd tablets, intel inside idiot outside as they used to say....
4. joseph98 (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Feb 2012)
That is a good question. I always think that this is the weakest spot when it comes to use intel processors.
Sadly they didn't mention the GPU.
5. abate (Posts: 43; Member since: 19 Dec 2012)
7th generation Intel graphics. That is Ivybridge graphics.
9. faisolbauuz (Posts: 121; Member since: 05 Jan 2013)
Well im not so sure if baytrail is using ivybridge graphics the gpu in intel atom insider motorola razr i us sgx540 so iwas expected powervr graphic hope it was power vr rogue series or sgx554
3. joseph98 (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Feb 2012)
It just crossed my mind... Will or can Bay Trail be enough to compete with other processors like Nvidia's Tegra 4 that was recently announced? Time will tell. We are counting on you PhoneArena in fair review.
8. rpankaj (Posts: 29; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
ATOM is an old architecture & it still faired against ARM A9 Quads.. I m hoping this will defeat A15 easily.. INTEL is the KING OF PROCESSING POWER>>>