Battle of the megapixels: 6-way blind camera comparison
0. phoneArena 26 Mar 2013, 08:01 posted on
If you're among the people who still think that a high-end smartphone can't be as good of a shooter as a dedicated point-and-shoot camera, get ready to have your mind blown away. That's because we're once again taking some of the best cameraphones out there for a shootout at the alley. Which ones we've picked, however, is something we chose to not share with you, guys. Instead, today we're having a blind camera comparison, in which you can vote for the photos you personally like the most...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
180. Silencerzzz (Posts: 21; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
If S4 win this polls all the fans of phone with ultrapixel and pureview should keep quit and stop throwing stone on samsung. Camera is one of the part you keep BS about, if they lose out It means that you just blindly holding a piece of brick. There is a chance that you even vote for S4. Good luck with your lovely little brick.
181. victorinoxs (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Very obvious that Phone#2 is the Galaxy S4....(note the narrow field of view)
182. magnanimus (Posts: 329; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
phone 4 is htc One. you'll notice that the indoor photos captured more light but have less detail (4mp ultra pixel)
186. slannmage (Posts: 10; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
Yeh u can see it as it has focusing issues.
187. magnanimus (Posts: 329; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
htc one comes with OIS which means it has the best focus in the market
188. cdgoin (Posts: 370; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
Why no LOW light.. and I mean LOW light.. night time, etc.. ?
Maybe because that would give an edge to Nokia..?
189. mohanram22 (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Mar 2013)
IMO, #3 is HTC and #5 is Galaxy S4. PA has used the same snaps that were shown in Galaxy s4 vs HTC one comparison where thy compared the camera qualities. Look for yourslf.
192. phissith (Posts: 15; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
I think I like #4 the most but I also think #6 is 2nd best here.
193. LEODAR (Posts: 1; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
WHY THERE'S NO 808 PUREVIEW IN THE BLIND TEST
195. pocketdrummer (Posts: 20; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Between the HTC One and the Samsung S4...
I think I like the colors better on the Samsung, but the HTC is more uniform (for better or worse). Low-light, the HTC One actually does a good job. The Samsung looks terrible indoors Low-Light.
Video quality is a different story. The HTC One might have done better if it weren't for the cocaine driven white balance and auto-zoom. It seems HTC still hasn't fixed the worst problem plaguing their otherwise decent camera. You'll have to set the exposure manually and fiddle with the zoom CONSTANTLY in order to get a decent video. That alone might be a deal breaker.