Battery Stats Plus creators log the best and worst Android devices and apps in terms of battery life
0. phoneArena posted on 19 Dec 2012, 03:13
The creators of Battery Stats Plus for Android outed some graphs, based on reports from 474 Android devices and 5585 battery statistic reports in the span of the last three weeks...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. KingKurogiii posted on 19 Dec 2012, 03:17 2 1
interesting. i wouldn't have guessed that the Optimus G was one of the worst though.
6. wendygarett (limited) 5 days ago posted on 19 Dec 2012, 04:34 1 2
Interestingly the optimus pro can even compete the tablets lol
17. Nadr1212 posted on 19 Dec 2012, 21:27 0 0
Wat about the iPad 3 in the top 15 battery unfriendly devices,
Where is it??
16. thunder18 posted on 19 Dec 2012, 20:57 0 0
It doesn't. I average 16-18 hrs and have hit 30 hrs with light usage. In fact, I'm going to download this app so I can fix their averages for the Optimus G.
In truth, what I believe we are seeing is that it's a very new phone and people typically use new phones a lot more at first before their usage settles down to normal usage.
2. lonestrider posted on 19 Dec 2012, 03:48 5 0
Very nice info. Really.
To know that my device have the worst battery life...
3. PapaSmurf posted on 19 Dec 2012, 04:20 0 0
I for one, can say the HTC Sensation 4G had one of the worst battery life I've seen even with the Anker (2100mAh?) battery.. There's no way that phone can milk out about 35 hours.
Reference: Picture 1
7. wendygarett (limited) 5 days ago posted on 19 Dec 2012, 04:39 1 4
The battery can last longer doesn't mean it is a battery friendly... Take a look at the graph... Most of the battery friendly are LOW ENDS, SMALL BATTERY... why? Go figure...
I give you a hint, galaxy y has below 3 inch screen, while galaxy note has above 5 inch :)
5. raunak posted on 19 Dec 2012, 04:33 0 0
there is no mobile site and now the "view in one page" option is gone
8. Nikolas.Oliver posted on 19 Dec 2012, 04:55 0 0
where's galaxy nexus? my gnex only get 2.5 hours of battery life (heavy usage)
9. leducbao posted on 19 Dec 2012, 05:09 1 0
You should check the full list on Dev's website, upto 450+ devices
11. networkdood posted on 19 Dec 2012, 11:57 0 1
I get about 10 hours of playing time with the new Hobbit game on my N7.
12. b1acktiger posted on 19 Dec 2012, 12:32 0 0
Every time ppl comment that, oh! htc battery life is horrible. here i can see only one at the bottom. Surprised !!
13. tgtftw posted on 19 Dec 2012, 13:34 0 0
I am kind of shocked the Thunderbolt was not listed in there somewhere. It's a good day for me to get 8hrs out of a charge.
14. ncv144 posted on 19 Dec 2012, 16:32 0 0
the galaxy tab 8.9 is better than the 10.1, i have gotten a whole weekend of light usage out of the 8.9, not so much with the 10.1
15. Brewski posted on 19 Dec 2012, 18:28 1 0
How is it the Droid Razr HD is on the list but not the Razr Maxx HD?
18. KingKurogiii posted on 19 Dec 2012, 21:50 0 0
i was thinking that it was actually the MAXX HD and that the MAXX devices share a device id with the regular Razr variants since all that's different is the internal storage and the battery size but that's actually not the case so i don't know what to tell you, maybe it wasn't tested. o: