Basemark X 1.0 test launches on Android: Galaxy S4 ranks on top
0. phoneArena 10 Apr 2013, 02:59 posted on
Basemark X 1.0 has just arrived on Android, and it is soon coming to iOS and Windows Phone aiming to become the first cross-platform graphical benchmark...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. darkskoliro (Posts: 1076; Member since: 07 May 2012)
These framerates...make me happy about what the future gpus hold ;D
13. Smart (Posts: 76; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
I dont get it.....no offence to anyone out there....of late most of the tests have shown google nexus 4 as a better device than galaxy s3.....ever wondered anyone?...
the logic of 720p screen seems to fail on other devices (note 2,galaxy s3 etc)....
14. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1522; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Because Nexus 4 has a stronger chipset than Note 2, Galaxy S3 etc
It's Adreno 320 against Mali-400... The equivalent for Adreno 320 would be Mali-T604
And for the phones that have the same SoC as the Nexus 4 most of them have more higher resolution screens.
For the rest, software optimization explains it.
16. darkskoliro (Posts: 1076; Member since: 07 May 2012)
+1, no further explanation needed :)
In other words, the N4 is the only device using flagship hardware onto a lower resolution while everyone else is using the same chipset to push twice the amount of pixels. (not an explanation, just rewording)
17. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Well you can overclocked the Mali400 Gpu to 700Ghz 2nd Gpu the same 3rd at 600Ghz and 4rth at 400Ghz and will beat the A320 by half more™
2. esperanza (Posts: 49; Member since: 23 Mar 2013)
wow Nexus 4 is better than Xperia Z in this benchmark, pretty impressive.
4. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
the screen resolution on Nexus is lower than XZ
now you can understand why?
9. JonBjSig (Posts: 176; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
It still did third best behind the One and the S4 in off-screen.
3. divatz (Posts: 2; Member since: 10 Apr 2013)
Did you benchmark the Snapdragon or the Exynos Galaxy S4 ?
5. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
The on screen result shows just how much toll the higher resolution takes on the performance.
The GPU in S4 is clearly faster than that in the Nexus 4, yet Nexus cruises ahead in the on screen frame rates
15. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1522; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Well, it pretty much has 2 times more pixels to move, so it's quite normal that performance goes to less than half.
8. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Oh and I can't wait the WP version release.
The Lumia 920 should score miserably in this test
18. phonemirer (Posts: 111; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
dont talk s**t about wp, because wp is way faster than android, android lags no matter of cores and no matter of version, wp8 dont make low-mid spec phones lag, you will need dual core at 1 ghz + 1gb ram to not have lag on android, that is top notch 2011 wise (note 1), iphone 5 on android would be way slower than s3 because its top 2011 spec
10. iluvsmartphonexpdx (Posts: 48; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
Really wanna see some VS battles together with some top phones...
11. bushido (Posts: 1; Member since: 10 Apr 2013)
Hire are rezults of my optimus 4x hd
bether den S3
19. blingblingthing (Posts: 529; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Here are my results on my Nexus 4. Rooted but with a stock 4.2.2
12. Note2waitingonNote3 (banned) (Posts: 87; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
My Galaxy Note 2 got 4.868fps and 3.680fps. Don't know how good that is compared to the rest one the market today. But definitely the Galaxy S4 wins without question.
20. Abbath (Posts: 99; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Honestly based on everything I have read so far the only thing the HTC One seems to have over the S4 is looks.
21. BlueForce (Posts: 25; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
On screen: 4.247 Fps
Off Screen: Crashes. Lol
22. takeoa (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Apr 2013)
I just tried this on the iPhone 5:
On-Screen: 13.534 FPS
Off-Screen: 7.419 FPS