Barnes & Noble may "move away" from Nook
0. phoneArena 24 Feb 2013, 21:30 posted on
Barnes & Noble has been relegated to a lower status in the tablet/e-reader market, but it has always put up a respectable showing considering its main rival is the insanely popular Amazon Kindle Fire. But, a new report says that Barnes & Noble may "move away" from the Nook hardware and focus on other parts of its business...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 11302; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
This isn't surprising. With the iPad leading the way in the tablet market and the Kindle leading the way in the eBook readers market and doing quite well with the Fire series, it's no surprised BN want to do away with the Nook.
2. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
And Apple is struggling to regain the market share that it once had :)
3. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 11302; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I don't think this article has anything to do with Apple.
6. Ruckus (Posts: 286; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Mxyzptlk brought up how the iPad and Kindle Fire dominate the tablet industry and you guys have to start some Hate Apple banter -_-'
The iPad does dominate the tablet market with the Kindle Fire in 2nd place. Get over it.
Id rather see the Surface or the Samsung Ativ in first place but ill admit the iPad has many appealing features and qualities.
8. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Apple has lost significant market share in the smartphone business . But in tablets , majority of the people still use iPad
10. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
And you brought in iPad and Pad is Apple. But BOTS won't know that ... but the article didn't mention iPAD either :)
11. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 11302; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Apple is the company as a whole. The iPad is just one device.
You're digging the hole even deeper.
9. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Nook sucks , but its the first popular budget android tablet out there .
I give it credits for that , but compared with the kindle fire , nexus 7 and iPad mini , it does sucks
7. imkyle (Posts: 1071; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Too bad. In 2011 I got the Nook Tablet with 1GB of ram for my mom as she is a avid reader and she loves it.
12. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 885; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Considering how much real estate of the brick and mortar stores they take up with the Nook it kind of seems to me like a huge step back in the wrong direction. Instead they should focus on the app for phones and building a better ink ereader than tablet.
13. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 885; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
The one saving grace that could really save them is a free digital copy of any book you buy in the store or online. This would drive up their book sells and get people to use the app/nook more.