Bang for the buck: the best affordable Android phones under $300 unsubsidized
8. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4274; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The article says for under $300. The Nexus 4 starts at $300, so it's automatically disqualified
10. Daniel.P (Posts: 105; Member since: 14 Jul 2011)
Technically it is $299 in the US, but it went in our previous more midrange roundup herehttp://www.phonearena.com/news
/The-new-midrange-best-Android-phones-with-HD-720p-displays_id45484,as it has a 720p display and you can't get it for that price outside of the US, plus it's available in just a handful of other countries.
34. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Nexus4 is 1280x768.
If this phone winds up being legit with decent build quality it will be the best bang/buck. It will probably wind up being fake specs sadly.
16. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
What about LG Optimus L9, I have a friend who paid $229 (or $249) full retail at
T-Mo', it's definitely mid-range, but it's a damn decent phone for the price. I, of course, would never buy it because I don't do mid-range, hence, that's why I don't have an iPhone.
30. JunitoNH (Posts: 1665; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Nope, I paid $199 for my daughter. I have to say, the L9 voice quality is one of the best I ever heard, with the exception of being the iPhone.
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
I'm sorry, they might be affordable, but when it comes to something under $300, only lumia 720 and 520 (htc 8s at least) worth to buy...
low end android not optimize much from gaming developer as even lumia 520 can play asphalt 6 Luke a champ...
Low end showdown? Lumia 520 win by an infinite margins, no contest...
5. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
someone has hacked wendy's account itseems
33. akki20892 (Posts: 3900; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
lol u got it dude.........wendy wasn't that good though........lol
7. Reverence (Posts: 224; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
dude two things....first the article says android and second though 520 can run games but they are not lag free and the windows store is empty...so windows phone is useless!
11. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
What do you mean? Windows Phone Marketplace has over 145,000 apps, so it's far from empty. Windows Phone never lags no matter what processor it has, how many RAM it has.
Even the 512MB RAM Lumia 520 can run Asphalt 7 smoothly.
35. akki20892 (Posts: 3900; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
correction dude: 165,000 apps in Windows Phone store.
13. wendygarett (unregistered)
Well, when the articles says iPhone, you fandroid would definitely put android into it as well...
if so, whats wrong if I wanna put Windows phone on android articles, since you fandroid don't respect us anyway :)
17. wendygarett (unregistered)
20. tiara6918 (Posts: 2027; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
If you noticed Wendy's post recently, he has already stopped trolling
21. exor430 (Posts: 7; Member since: 17 Sep 2012)
out of 700k++ of apps in playstore, how many did you download?out of apps you download, how many of them is important? 9 out of 10 of the important is available in windows phone.
23. Nokfan1603 (Posts: 26; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
Why do you lie? My girlfriend has the Lumia 620, I have the Lumia 920. I really recommend Nokia's Lumia phones and they are definitely lag free. Concerning the apps, the last official count was 165'000 apps.
37. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Stock android jelly bean is 100% lag free on any device with a quad core a7/ dual core a15/krait cpu and 2gb of ram.
25. GamePlayer (Posts: 51; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
Too bad people don't care about what trolls like you think. You don't even know how to appreciate anything, all you know is complaining and disrespecting other peoples' opinions. Shame on you.
3. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
most of em run on 1gb ram and are bound to LAAAAAAG!
24. Nokfan1603 (Posts: 26; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
I know, Android with 1 gb ram is going to lag. I myself had an Android entry model, never again. I can tell you for sure that this is not the case with windows phones. Try it!
4. aco96 (Posts: 240; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
These phones are so expensive. I ordered Samsung Ativ S 4 days ago for just 250€. It's much better than these phones in every aspect.
32. aco96 (Posts: 240; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
You shouldn't compare OS-es, because they are very different. Android has more features, customisation, codec support, connectivity and apps, but WP has better stabilty, dosen't get slow after long usage, it's more simple, better office, less malware. It's all about personal choice :) Here I'm talking about the device itself, and the Ativ S is great phone imo - Awesome diplay, it's fast, elegant, it has good battery, good camera, it's much better piece of hardware than all phones listed here.
38. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Has anyone on this site honestly ever had malware on android phones? I am certain that the media makes the numbers up because I have no ever meet one person who has gotten a virus on their phone.
9. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4274; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Why not the Optimus L9? I picked it up for $200 off contract just to see what LG's skin was like and now that it's on Jelly Bean it runs pretty much perfectly.
15. Daniel.P (Posts: 105; Member since: 14 Jul 2011)
Added, thanks, slipped my mind that it got updated to Jelly Bean and is now a pretty great handset for the money ;)
19. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Just saw this but, the L9 still wasn't up when I posted above in post #16. Daniel, you need to work a little faster; these stories should all be complete and passed final edit (by the time I wake up) .... lol :D
22. Daniel.P (Posts: 105; Member since: 14 Jul 2011)
True, it's in there now, smell the coffee ;)
26. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Thanks, still workin' on that coffee. Great piece Daniel, this lets people know they have good choices if they don't want to splurge (or need to) high-end.
18. tiara6918 (Posts: 2027; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Other alternatives are galaxy s2/nexus,sensation Xl/xe,wp8s,lumia 520
27. snowgator (Posts: 3558; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Appreciate this list. As the resident "go to guy" for mobile, I try to keep up with pros &cons with OS systems, but sometimes it is impossible to keep up with all the devices. Especially Android. In my small IL city, we are still lacking good paying jobs, so "cheap" is the name of the game. This list gives me something to work from, as well as the comments.
28. wky1998 (Posts: 13; Member since: 22 Jul 2013)
Why would be Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus will not in list, is it because of the short battery life ?
29. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i got my Razr M temp phone for $180 brand new with the plastic and everything still on it.
it runs great on CM10.1. ;)
when i get my Moto X or whatever i'll be giving this to my girlfriend.
39. najib1312 (Posts: 152; Member since: 08 May 2013)
Xperia T, V, S and SL all retails for US$300 also...........when u include these, Xperia T emerges as the solid winner. 2 weeks back I purchased Xperia SP for USD307.
40. luckysnap (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Jun 2014)
Right now there's also the Samsung Galaxy S4 mini. Amazon's got it, unlocked, for $285 right now amzn.to/1ryAb6B