Ballistic Hard Core and SG MAXX Series Cases hands-on
0. phoneArena 10 Aug 2012, 14:06 posted on
There’s certainly no denying the obvious reality surrounding the Ballistic Hard Core Series Case for the iPhone 4/4S and the Ballistic SG MAXX Series Case for the Samsung Galaxy S III. Far from being the prettiest things to grace the streamlined and lean bodied figures...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I have noticed that a lot of people are crying about phone's design and big size and after that they put cases on their phones which make them even bigger and uglier. Sad but truth, that's why important good build quality then you don't need any big ugly cases. ;)
You can agree or disagree, but it is my personal opinion.
9. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I like having a little "bumper" like case on my phone... plastic or silicone. Easy to get off and off and adds the protection it needs without difference in style or size.
3. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Talking about the case or by default ?
If by default then Corning Gorilla Glass 2
5. brkshr (Posts: 9; Member since: 22 May 2012)
Sorry! Didn't read completely through. I didn't realize the screen protector on the SIII came with the case.
6. N.Reynolds (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Feb 2011)
Gorilla Glass is a crock of s**t. I have customers that come in with their SIII that they bought only a couple days ago and its all scratched up. Definitely not a believer in it but am one in Invisible Shields.
8. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Or maybe they are waching to much YouTube and then making their own "stress tests" on device and in final result they are going to you with complaints just not saying the truth? :)
10. N.Reynolds (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Feb 2011)
I doubt that many customers are doing that
12. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3099; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
The SIII has Gorilla Glass 2 & I'm starting to think that it is the issue. My phone has GG & most of my friend's smartphones do, too. We've all had them for over a year, carry them in our pockets with other items (change, keys, etc.), & they have no scratches. However, a friend just got the SIII, he's way more careful than we are & it's already got a scratch. Either GG2 is defective or there is something about the way it is implemented on the SIII. It needs to be looked into.
13. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 412; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Yeah, if the only difference of GG2 on GG1 is the thickness, I'd still pick the thicker GG1. I'd feel better with it.
14. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3099; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I completely with you on that. We're talking way less than a millimeter difference here. They say GG2 is tougher, but I just don't believe it yet.
7. RapidCat (Posts: 351; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
softjacket is enough for me
drop the phone once and no scratch