Baidu spending $1.9B to buy an Android app store
0. phoneArena 16 Jul 2013, 21:12 posted on
Baidu is already essentially the Google of China in terms of search market, and it has been working towards making a similar name for itself in the mobile world by forking Android for its own purposes. Today, Baidu announced that it had agreed to spend $1.9 billion to purchase an Android app store with plans to bolster its mobile offerings...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mi55u (unregistered)
China nowadays are so damn rich
3. james004 (Posts: 471; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Not rich as google. Google should buy this company instead.
2. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Ew, they should work on a new corporate logo. lol
5. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
A rogue search engine ... i have their crawlers looped back to 127.0.0.1 as they simply don't bother about robots.txt file. Next rogue crawler in same line is bing.
6. 8logic (Posts: 130; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
i'm wondering if the devs will get any of it lol