Bad stat watch: Apple iPhone 5 won't account for .5% of US GDP/$75B
1. androidisbaws (banned) posted on 18 Dec 2012, 12:38 14 5
Betcha Samsung could do it if they were an American company.
2. abdane posted on 18 Dec 2012, 12:43 10 3
i agree, if samsung was an american company it could make it !!!
3. androidisbaws (banned) posted on 18 Dec 2012, 12:45 12 2
They do TV's, PC's, home appliances, phones, tablets and much more so they'd be able to pull it off I think.
5. PhoneArenaUser posted on 18 Dec 2012, 12:51 8 1
Apparel, chemicals, consumer electronics, electronic components, medical equipment, precision instruments, semiconductors, ships, telecommunications equipment.
Advertising, construction, entertainment, financial services, hospitality, information and communications technology services, medical services, retail.
8. androidisbaws (banned) posted on 18 Dec 2012, 12:55 7 1
Yeah they've got their foot in everything
20. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 18 Dec 2012, 20:25 3 1
I also read they make tanks for the military. Maybe they should have driven one of those to the Apple vs. Samsung trial.
21. legokangpalla posted on 18 Dec 2012, 21:23 3 1
They also have a joint car company with Renault. Samsung insurance, cards, even banks.
14. the_best posted on 18 Dec 2012, 13:57 5 1
i bet neither samsung nor apple pays any taxes, so even if these numbers were correct it doesnt really matter...
16. mas11 posted on 18 Dec 2012, 15:11 3 2
Nah all Samsung needs to do is put a fruit logo on their products and use words like "revolutionary" and "innovative" to market them.
4. gazmatic posted on 18 Dec 2012, 12:47 1 11
hey PA... do you go trolling around for all apple related news?
how is this even relevant to anything?
7. MichaelHeller posted on 18 Dec 2012, 12:55 11 4
We saw incorrect information starting to make the rounds, so we wanted to correct it and make sure no one got wrong information.
13. gazmatic posted on 18 Dec 2012, 13:50 0 4
I never believed it when it was first floated around...
the only time it made any sense was when they *gasp* were on track of becoming the first trillion dollar company
their portfolio does not merit that title though
dont get me wrong, I'm not bashing apple, I've used their products and they are good products. just not great products
nothing about an apple product justifies its high cost
I have nothing against high cost products... i OWN several alienware laptops... they are all over priced... however I atleast get to brag that i have the best benchmarks around... ie the best gaming laptop money can buy
(there are always cheaper equivalents that will play the same games at high fps but none as high as alienware) dont get me wrong... i would prefer them to be thousands of dollars cheaper but i know that for the price I CANNOT GET ANYTHING BETTER!!!
not the same with apple
i dont live in america, nor do i get the google playstore
i receive no subsized phone, plus i have to deal with customs, taxes and VAT
it is impossible to get an unlocked iphone5 for LESS than $1200
trust me... i've tried
maybe next year when they release the 5s
22. Reluctant_Human posted on 18 Dec 2012, 21:42 3 0
Appreciate the correct info. Some sites won't make the extra effort which is why I come here.
12. jmoita2 posted on 18 Dec 2012, 13:47 3 5
Ridiculous article. Someone is desperate to write anything with "Apple" in it...
15. MichaelHeller posted on 18 Dec 2012, 14:58 7 3
So you don't care if all the Apple fans out there start quoting this stat as if it were true? It's a crazy false stat, and I don't like misinformation going around. That's my excuse.
What's your excuse for taking the time to click on this "ridiculous article" and commenting?
17. jmoita2 posted on 18 Dec 2012, 15:51 2 3
Herr Heller, as the Chiropractor said, I stand corrected...lol
18. Republican posted on 18 Dec 2012, 16:26 3 7
Michael Heller, you are unworthy to speak of the greatness of Apple. Envious hater!!!
19. phil2n posted on 18 Dec 2012, 19:16 3 2
i believe that coke can take 5% of America's GDP
Apple is not gonna make it
23. cr8tive007 posted on 18 Dec 2012, 23:46 4 0
The only way BIG FRUITY could add to our nations GDP is by actually making a decent phone here in AMERICA! They reap in the profits, don't pay any taxes, and cruise the high life paying illegals to do their laundry, gardens and even raise their kids! Shame on you APPLE for standing so tall and proud. I feel if you should be required to have your HQ where you make your product.... boy that would bring a lot of factory jobs back to the US HUH?
24. techloverNYC posted on 19 Dec 2012, 09:47 2 1
Samsung is South Korea's main financial support. To compare Apple to Samsung is not fair as samsung is basically the governments company. If Samsung fail watch South Korea go to recession. As if Apple fail google will just take over proly...