Back to school 2012: your guide to tablets
0. phoneArena 23 Aug 2012, 08:53 posted on
Labor day is close and you know what that means right? Get that backpack ready, the school year is about to start…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. frydaexiii (Posts: 1133; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
"It’s still one step short of replacing your laptop if you are in a programming major"
One step? I can find 10+ other reasons not to get this if you're even serious about your job/education. This toy is an entertainment tool, an oversized iPod and in no way can ever replace a PC unless you only use your PC for web browsing and videos.
The Nexus on the other hand, even if you say it can't replace my laptop, can. There's Droid edit for my programming homework, Polaris Office for my other Microsoft Office homework. And lo and behold, proper file manager & task manager. The Nexus 7 is closer to the PC than the iPad will ever be in a 100 years.
9. Mozarrt (Posts: 285; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
Sorry, but I can get all the productivity tools on my iPad aswel. And it will probably run more stable than the Nexus.
14. frydaexiii (Posts: 1133; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Yeah, you wouldn't need much productivity apps if you're a businessman(probably just the email app) or to work at Starbucks (just need to hold it around to complete the hipster barista look).
10. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
In the beginning of your rant you were making so much sense then all of a sudden you veer off of the fanboy cliff and just invalidated everything you said. So close yet so far.
13. frydaexiii (Posts: 1133; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
How so? I am simply comparing the 2 that are on the list. If the Surface was already out and it had similar apps as Android (probably will, since there's Microsoft Office, and I'm sure they'll be trying to bring Visual Studio in too), I would have praised the Surface too. and like I said at the rate Apple is going (5 years and still no real task manager, file manager and proper file transfer), I don't think they'll get it right in a hundred years.
2. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
IPad 3 and Infinity Pad. Both are quite costly, but worth it.
3. xtian1103 (Posts: 352; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
the note is very useful in... err note taking most notably shorthand
4. Nikolas.Oliver (Posts: 1260; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
In terms of tablet, i have to admit that the iPad is better than android tablet,
5. kamil (Posts: 115; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
they forget to write that the new ipad takes about 7 hours to get a full charge -__-
8. Aaron_R96 (Posts: 191; Member since: 22 Jan 2012)
Microsoft Surface anyone? considering it'll be totally in line with all Window's PC's?
11. Peter98 (Posts: 119; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
iPad and nexus 7. I won't choose Samsung for tablet.
12. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
wow... iPad 3 is really better... i've heard that some medical students recieve a free iPad... and its really helpful...
15. Seannyc (Posts: 59; Member since: 21 Jul 2012)
in education ipad hands down. Apple invest in education apps suck as ibook,etc. I download some medicine info and space info app, great help. ipad is easiest to use in a classroom setting,bcuz its simple yet effective. Not to mention every1 is using ipad.
16. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
so true!!! iPad is really the best... simple and easy to use... not even really heavy... and its apps are certified so basically not viruses to that... unlike the open full virus!
17. RomeoJDR (Posts: 236; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
The Note is the most versatile tab. It is the only tab on this list that has the extra function as a electronic note pad. Unless you want to use one of those fat stylus and write notes looking like a preschooler with a marker. What it is not is far from the most refined. On the same note (pun intended), the iPad is not the best choice for sketches. Precision will definitely be more valuable than LGs retina display for that crowd. Choose the iPad if you want a premium simple device for play, choose the Infinity or Note for productivity.