Back to school 2012: your guide to smartphones
0. phoneArena 22 Aug 2012, 08:53 posted on
Labor day is close and you know what that means right? Get that backpack ready, the school year is about to start…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. jaoowolabi (Posts: 201; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
tbh i think the nexus is a little out dated.... i mean even it has android JB the specs like 1.2 dual-core and a 5 MP camera?? make me wanna stay away. its still a good phone though but i bet anyways the next version is coming soon.
6. redmd (Posts: 901; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
But still for the price, you can't overlook it.
7. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 411; Member since: 04 May 2012)
No, just no. It's not the best though it's definitely not the worst.
9. Aaron_R96 (Posts: 198; Member since: 22 Jan 2012)
No Sony phones? despite them totally out-selling the 'One' series by HTC, and them being some of the best and most modern looking smartphones around and the Xperia S looking like being supported with the AOSP, come on PA! Stop following the crowd!
10. Mozarrt (Posts: 295; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
Do you have any sources on the Xperia line outselling the One line?, just interested.
21. Aaron_R96 (Posts: 198; Member since: 22 Jan 2012)
Ahh, I should mention this is in the UK only, not sure about states, china or japan etc, source is phones4u and O2 spokespeople who have both said iphone sells most, then galaxy line, then xperia nxt devices, sorry I didnt mention it was UK.
13. ChangMin2012 (Posts: 87; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
Speaking of school, I asked my Korean ESL students if they wanted to try an iPhone, they were like no, it's just too small and all. One of them wanted to preorder one on the 5th.
So now I'll have to take the rest of them to Sony for their college phones. They'll like it for sure. I mean they'll be like the coolest kids around with an XS or even an XGo
22. Aaron_R96 (Posts: 198; Member since: 22 Jan 2012)
Great call, and exactly in my opinion Sony's phones are among the best looking out there and the software optimization is phenominal. Plus the XS is also considerably cheaper than the iphone yet still has far better specs..
24. AshishRomea (Posts: 145; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
even in india , htc is eaten up by sony !
biased list !
26. ChangMin2012 (Posts: 87; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
Tried the XU (which I liked cause screensize isn't an issue for me plus I'm no power user), zippy as the speed of light, can multitask like any other android phone plus it's just awesome. Not to mention you're backed up by a brand that doesn't copy designs nor does it leave you in the air when it comes to updates. Bring on the Xperia! Cool kids would have it like that, with all the glow and the awesome audio and multimedia support it has.
Now I'm giggity about the XU.
11. fredje (Posts: 4; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
And these are devices for kids? Which kid can afford this? It will be stolen within the week or lost or damaged...
12. Atlas (Posts: 158; Member since: 15 Apr 2012)
Is this for private school kids, those phones are expensive
14. Mozarrt (Posts: 295; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
Students are indeed not known to have a lot of money, Show us the most cost-effective phones please.
15. aztaxia12295 (Posts: 266; Member since: 22 Nov 2009)
LOL, i have a galaxy nexus and i go to a public school. cmon thats such a bad stereotype.
25. Atlas (Posts: 158; Member since: 15 Apr 2012)
True, I own an Xperia arc (old but still good) and go to public school, but wouldn't you think that they would show cheaper phones in a better price range like under £200?
16. ncv144 (Posts: 126; Member since: 04 May 2012)
I only got a galaxy ace and i go to a private school
18. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Oh come on I lived in a 3rd world country , went to a public school and I own a smartphone (HTC universal ) since I was 12 . Problem ?
17. loken (Posts: 462; Member since: 09 May 2012)
These aren for kids.... PR Should have listed best mid rangers or low rangers .. such as galaxy y , ace , xperia tipo , miro , neo v ...
19. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Phonearena is teaching you how to be cool .
20. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
These phones are available only off-contract where I live and are ridiculously expensive
23. AshishRomea (Posts: 145; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
how can anyone leave out a SONY PHONE
XPERIA S/ION should have been in the list , a pity to see :/
27. ChangMin2012 (Posts: 87; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
Well, you can't blame anyone for their preference.
Go Go Sony! Advanced Japanese Technology FTW!!