BBM will be smartphones-only when it first comes to Android and iOS
0. phoneArena 16 May 2013, 20:38 posted on
A couple days ago, BlackBerry announced that BlackBerry Messenger will finally be released on Android and iOS this summer, but today BlackBerry is managing expectations a bit. It seems that the company will be focusing its efforts and only bring the app to smartphones when it is first released...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5042; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
As expected! Now BlackBerry will only focus more on smartphones right now. Remember what Heins said before?
"In five years I don’t think there’ll be a reason to have a tablet anymore. Maybe a big screen in your workspace, but not a tablet as such. Tablets themselves are not a good business model.
-Thorsten Heins, CEO, BlackBerry
2. ncarlosmiguel (Posts: 205; Member since: 14 May 2013)
Not good for business but for entertainment. And that's what sells more, things we don't need but want.
6. apiskula (Posts: 532; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Wow you think a lot about Thorsten don't you? The guy is a complete failure as a CEO and a real tool. He can't even produce a quality phone and TA
King about tablets. They will not even be around in five years!
7. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5042; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Dude, you need to see a doctor, I think you're having a Anti-BB Disease.
8. apiskula (Posts: 532; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
No I'm okay. Your comment was just funny. Blackberry commenting on in five years no need for a tablet. The ipad is not going anywhere and Blacberry will not make it five more years
10. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5042; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
(sigh) Fine! I'm not going to argue with you again. Whatever! -_-
12. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Apiskula and i have the same disease ;p
4. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Wp8 won't be getting this, Lmfao....
5. krimHD (Posts: 106; Member since: 23 May 2012)
they will with time. :P but wait what of itouch?
9. axllebeer (Posts: 265; Member since: 05 Apr 2011)
I'm looking forward to it. And it was stated that it will be free. Watch out WhatsApp here comes BBM. (and I'm a WhatsApp user, for now)
11. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Since most of BB's half- arsed apps are ported from Android...then why not just get an Android?
Owning a BB handset these days doesn't make any sense at all....why would you pay premium to an eco system that bottom-feeds Android?
13. DerryAhmad (Posts: 242; Member since: 05 May 2012)
Eco System is only one part of a platform.
BB10 user experience, based on Gestures and Swipe, is different with any other big OSs at the moment. Some find it very functional (added with Hub and Peek).
14. sum182 (Posts: 229; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Pffft, says them. I"ll just side load it onto my tablet.....I wont use it, but its the point of it lol
16. eman99 (Posts: 210; Member since: 03 Aug 2010)
Finally I would actually pay for this on android
17. BBRYSWAG (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Yes you can sideload Android apps but there are still native apps being developed such as instagram and Skype which are coming soon. Not only that BB10 OS is gesture and swipe based but it runs off QNX which is a computing operating system. This was Thorsten Heins idea of bringing a whole new mobile computing experience which is why he he disclaimed the idea of tablets. Plus he has a marketing strategy behind adding BBM to iPhone and Android platforms which I think isn't bad after all seeing how much people like it more than iMessage or Whatsapps from tweeter post I've seen.
18. Bridgep0rt (Posts: 27; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
Honesly, this is 2 late.. Everyone who had a BB is a android user now. BB is trying to save face now... Sorry BB, your Buzz is over.