BBM for iOS and BBM for Android will not be launching this week; no new release date mentioned
0. phoneArena 23 Sep 2013, 17:15 posted on
With other things on their mind, like a $4.7 billion buyout of the company, BlackBerry did manage to address the embarrassment that was the failed launch of BBM for Android and BBM for iOS this past weekend; part of the difficulty in launching the app in the Google Play Store was the number of bogus apps that popped up. Some had incorrectly used Blackberry as the company name (correct style is BlackBerry)...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 664; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Poor excuse, they should've figured out how to block the test app while building it, it should have had some sort of "Kill Switch". Very poor showing by BlackBerry, the interest is going to fade quickly over this. I'm very disappointed.
17. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5276; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
BB/RIM is toast. Maybe the patent portfolio can be milked for something. But otherwise, it is buh-bye. BB/RIM are off to join the ranks of Palm, DEC and the other once-famous tech brands that couldn't respond to competitive challenges.
18. Lauticol (Posts: 131; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
Blackberry is always making up excuses! Happened to me with my Playbook. We were told BB10 was coming. Several months passed and then they told us our Playbooks are stuck on Playbook OS 2.1 (full of bugs, slow, very little apps).
Not using any other BB service in the near future
20. KParks23 (Posts: 422; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
U mean to tell me it took them all the way till the launch day before they realized the apps not ready if anyone wonders this is the perfect example of why there in the toilet!
2. Whateverman (Posts: 3158; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Sorry Blackberry. I think that might have been your last shot. I hope I'm wrong, but you've let us down FAR to often.
5. BillyG (Posts: 304; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
nothing's new... delay is like blackberry's middle name...
11. Whateverman (Posts: 3158; Member since: 17 May 2009)
IKR! That and "the BES server is down", lol!
3. uchihakurtz (Posts: 170; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
If they can't handle a few pre-release users how will they handle it when they go official? Haven't they thought this through before announcing release date? Fail...
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6613; Member since: 14 May 2012)
And the sinking ship sinks further into the ocean.
7. AhmadAlsayegh (Posts: 240; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)
or this decision might have been taken after today's anoucement of BB going to be sold
8. tositem (Posts: 17; Member since: 17 Mar 2013)
They want to make it a paid app. Doesnt matter if they can deliver it on time!
10. m_smart_guy (Posts: 22; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
how long u guys think when the app will be coming any guesses
12. rudlie (Posts: 182; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
This is very silly alibi. Why don't you posting the official one ASAP. So, everyone kill the leaked version and install the official one. Why all the people install the unofficial? Because you break yiur promise for lauching time. Why you pull back iphone version while it does not the caused of this issue? I think your doing functional testing but not the performace test. Your infrastructure does not ready yet for that capacity. BBM on iphone still not stable.
13. Akfred (Posts: 65; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
BlackBerry is history, they can't even handle a simple app
Rollout. The question is, if u can't handle 1.1m users on a
Shared platform are u sure u will be able to managr 100+m users
That is yet to come? Go back and ask whatsapp how they
Manage to do Thiers right. Whatsapp is still the best.
14. AfterShock (Posts: 1246; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
That's just fine, was doing OK without it prior.
Rest well in your watery loo.
15. Akfred (Posts: 65; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
I also blame Google for allowing all those junk apps that claims
To be BBM in playstore. I assume Google does not verify
All apps before accepting them into play store. Play store is
Just like a dust bin that anybody trows in anything they like.
Google should have control over such things, kudos to apps
Store and windows phone store cos such does not happen
16. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 306; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
Agreed but in Google's defense they were VERY quick to remove all those apps, and now the Play Store is clear of any fake apps. New ones get removed quickly too.
19. m_smart_guy (Posts: 22; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
I think it should come out in mid of outober or end of outober if not then its in 2014 because now they will delay it more