BBM for Android scores at least 1 million downloads; BBM for iOS is number two at iTunes
0. phoneArena 22 Oct 2013, 15:32 posted on
On Monday, the long awaited BBM for iOS and BBM for Android apps launched from iTunes, Google Play Store, Samsung's app store and BBM.com; downloading the app merely allowed you to use your email to grab a place 'in line' and await your turn to register and activate the application. BlackBerry did not want a rush to activate overwhelming its servers. Those who had pre-registered with BlackBerry were allowed to use the application immediately...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PhoneCritic (Posts: 682; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Try it it just like I remembered although my contact were empty until I added my wife and that's it. It works fine but I don't think it reall has a leg up on either whatsapp or chaton.
16. Reality_Check (Posts: 277; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
Are the review people trolling? Almost 50% have given this exact same review "thanks blackberry thank you so much blackberry team,,I was waiting this app,,its really great user friendly and smooth."
2. quakan (Posts: 1361; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
I've never really been able to get into third-party messaging apps. I prefer integrated services like how iMessage is incorporated.
3. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
I see no point in them unless you don't have unlimited texting.
5. datsyuk (Posts: 179; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
Much faster SMS, especially MMS. Works wonders it really is amazing IMO.
13. bucky (Posts: 2472; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Yep, I'm actually very surprised google has not implemented something as easy as iMessage. My guess is there are just too many versions of android still in use. Probably makes it really hard
18. Valdomero (Posts: 160; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
That's what they're trying to do with hangouts
4. deathgod (Posts: 122; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
I'd like to see how many people have actually been able to activate it. After almost a day I'm still waiting on my email confirmation....
10. ThePro (Posts: 26; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
I got it working, about an hour after it came out. Works nice, but no video attachment option :(
11. tatail (Posts: 248; Member since: 08 Jan 2010)
Restart your phone.. Open the app and try again..
6. Cyberchum (Posts: 664; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Same here and I submitted my email about 20 hours ago.
7. shadowdawg (Posts: 7; Member since: 30 Nov 2012)
shouldn't take longer then 24 hours but maby a bit longer, make sure u check ure spam folder. I did 4 emails, and got mine 4-28 hours long
8. julz17ronald (Posts: 48; Member since: 26 Apr 2013)
I have it working yesterday. The app is good however, I just have three contacts and nobody cares to try it. Blackberry should try marketing the messenger again hopefully, it will gain attraction. I still prefer facebook messenger due to chat heads which is very useful especially if you're doing something on your phone.
9. elchuby (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Oct 2013)
the app is full of fake reviews in the Play Store, violating its terms.
12. vishu9 (Posts: 252; Member since: 03 Mar 2011)
Arkham Origins is free on iPhone?!! Me wants...!
15. Crossblade (Posts: 210; Member since: 21 Apr 2005)
I downloaded it to see that I have to wait in line, while it keeps saying "Connecting" in the notification bar, leading to an infinite loading screen when pressed - I uninstalled and forgot about it.
17. Khaleel77 (Posts: 4; Member since: 21 Sep 2013)
Hey guys can someone tell me if we could change the BBM Pin on an Android..
19. Dastrix (unregistered)
What's the big deal about BBM? Whatsapp is so much better anyway...
20. ericomc33 (Posts: 5; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
unfortunately bbm for iOS is not available in the Ghanaian app store, bad news for me.....
21. tajudiens (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
@Khalel77 : yes it could change. Just change ur id first. On blackberryid.blackberry.com then sign in with other id. Nice day.