BBM for Android delayed, BlackBerry asks for your patience
0. phoneArena 21 Sep 2013, 12:33 posted on
BlackBerry has put up a message on its Facebook site asking for patience from those who have been waiting all morning for BBM for iOS or BBM for Android to be available; earlier today, we were told to expect BBM for Android to arrive at the Google Play Store at 7am EDT and five hours later for iOS users. Now, only New Zealand based iOS users are said to have access to the app...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. RapidCat (Posts: 351; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
I already try it, live for 2 hours. send recive and invite from all blackberry phone.
but now only works with android to android. they cut the connection to BB phone
8. nadarbsm (Posts: 24; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
true.. works fine for all Android to Android or iPhone & vise versa...
but can only sent to Blackberry device, cant receive... :(
22. dyzach (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Sep 2013)
This is similar to the BlackBerry Messenger application for BlackBerry grade 10 (eg Z10 and Q10). If you have a friend who has a Z10 or Q10, maybe you can try it. I've been able to connect with a friend who uses Z10.
2. KashAli (Posts: 102; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)
How long for god sake ! Been waiting from hours now and searching online everywhere.
3. imMature (Posts: 68; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
Their official account is Blackberry Limited. Keep refreshing that user and hopefully we'll see it soon enough.
4. Bootutu (Posts: 160; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Mine works fine with both BB and Android phones here in UK, just download the apk and sign in normally, i got a pin when i signed up
5. jan25 (Posts: 370; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
can i ask why an average messaging service is so important to some people?
10. Valdomero (Posts: 119; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
for communication purposes, because BBM offers more security than whatsapp in the matter of user privacy and encrypted messaging.
In any case, I want to try it out, who knows... maybe BBM will replace whatsapp in time.
15. nadarbsm (Posts: 24; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
well said bro... soon BBM will replace Whatsapp for most of the Android & iPhone users...
23. camera531 (Posts: 99; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
I'm interested to try it, but let's not underestimate the popularity and out-of-the-box ease of use of iMessage (and text messaging). I think the novelty of BBM will be short lived on iPhones and not much better on Android.
6. nadarbsm (Posts: 24; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
patience..?? waited for more than 5 hrs for the official BBM app...
got the leaked app now & works just fine... :D
9. suneeboy (Posts: 149; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
Delays after announcements is why BB is where it is today.
13. Valdomero (Posts: 119; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Maybe they're resolving the issue of communication, read comments #1 and #8.
But yeah, they're always late.
17. BillyG (Posts: 304; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
yup, i'm not surprised... its BB , delays are in their DNA
11. lekeola (banned) (Posts: 43; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
working for android, iPhone and BlackBerry contact. this is a working link http://techenthu.com/BBM.apk pls give me a thumps up if u like my post
12. cpuntonet (Posts: 3; Member since: 21 Sep 2013)
Not true. its here and i am suing it. actualtecnologia.com/vinculo-para-la-descarga-de-bbm-android/
26. HASHTAG (unregistered)
Not true? So you're saying Blackberry is lying?
14. ermond012 (Posts: 5; Member since: 13 Sep 2013)
Hi guys, question. I'm from the Philippines and been waiting a couple of hours and of course not yet available in Play Store. I tried the leaked APK but I had problems with the network connection, that was the prompt. So I deleted the file. Not sure what's wrong as I have a strong connection. With this, does it only need internet or Wi-Fi connection and you're good to go? Or does this need to have a special subscription cos here in the Philippines we have a separate subscription for the BBM for us to use BIS. Appreciate any response. Thanks. :)
25. matrix_neo (Posts: 307; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Same here also. I installed bbm from a leaked apk, I can't use it coz it asked for wifi connection. Im using an internet simcard, and keep asking once open the app. It is also running in my notification with a connected status. If this is the cause of delay, I hope BlackBerry wil fix it and let us use any tupe of internet connection, smae with other messenger apps. If not I will go back to whatsapp.
16. lekeola (banned) (Posts: 43; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
@ermond012. it's not about Philippines only. the leak version allow you to create bbid and got stuck at setting up. I had same issue for 4hrs until I got a working apk. try this link http://techenthu.com/BBM.apk this one is 14.1mb while d leaked one was 13.1mb
20. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 664; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
They've truly screwed up this launch, I must say. Not doing themselves much justice. This will be on the news, and they just don't need more negative news at this point.
21. BillyG (Posts: 304; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
doesnt matter, they already have lots of negative things... this bbm fiasco is only like throwing pinch of salt to their sea of negativity
27. crazymonkey05 (Posts: 86; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
I found a link here seems to be fully functional apphttps://m.app.box.com/view_sha
28. Topspliff (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Sep 2013)
Crazy monkey that link is out of bandwidth so I guess a lot of folks are really pissed at waiting for the playstore to sort themselves out and just trying desperately! It's now 9am here in Indonesia and still no sign, fingers crossed it gets here today, and let's hope it's worththe wait as more and mo re people are going to WhatsApp.
29. Teeeyoo (Posts: 16; Member since: 13 Jul 2013)
Did they removed some of the fake BBM in the Play Store? Lol