BBM for Android and BBM for iOS now available from the App Store and Google Play Store
0. phoneArena 21 Oct 2013, 15:15 posted on
For those who don't feel like going to BBM.com and registering your email address before getting the OK from BlackBerry to run BBM, the long awaited messaging app is now available from the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store; those who only know of BlackBerry from reading about the company's problems, or from doing a quick once-over of a BlackBerry model at a phone store, will be surprised at how much thought the Canadian based OEM put in BBM in the first place...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. kid.wonderbread (Posts: 38; Member since: 16 Dec 2009)
Haven't really used BBM. Serious question. What makes it that much better then Hangouts?
10. rdaex (Posts: 140; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Deliver & Read receipt
Secure form of communication
No phone number required
Hangouts generally sucks
12. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
"hangouts genrally suck".....haha good one!!!
2. apple4never (Posts: 1058; Member since: 08 May 2013)
got it, seems ok it took too long though
3. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Too little, too late. I used to hear from BB users going on and on about how great BBM was, but they've long since moved on to iPhones and Galaxys.
4. md227a (Posts: 138; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Installed it and set it up, but can't do anything till any of my friends install it. If they even bother because of all the other options already available.
5. boomboom (Posts: 53; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
does it required wifi connection all the time to send msg?????
6. Santi_Santi (unregistered)
not at all! it will be using pigeons to send and receive the messages... isn't that nice?
33. reckless562 (banned) (Posts: 1153; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
pure AWESOME slam bro!!! was like a special move lol
34. reckless562 (banned) (Posts: 1153; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
true, ur cute btw, if thats u :)
16. julz17ronald (Posts: 48; Member since: 26 Apr 2013)
I have installed BBM and it's working fine except It won't allow me to change the profile picture. Maybe a bug or server is busy.
19. uchihakurtz (Posts: 333; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Installed it and it's looking nice, I like it.
20. tigerdollars (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Takes forever to set up bbm...blackberry respond to Nigerians call
21. remyrz (Posts: 197; Member since: 28 Oct 2010)
download it and it says its servers all full, i have to wait till they email me when there's a spot... -___-.. geez
25. Ikechukwu (Posts: 183; Member since: 03 Oct 2011)
Same here. It's like am on a long line. Pathetic
26. Sire3008 (Posts: 87; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
Finally... Will you be allowed to chat with BB owners? Or just with people that downloaded it in the same way as you did?
27. saenaedewe (Posts: 70; Member since: 01 May 2013)
Yes you can chat with BB owners. I have already tried it with my wife (which still uses Blackberry phone)
28. E.S.1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
What makes it better then WhatsApp for example?
29. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 225; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
I am also thinking..let me use ..everyone say BBM,BBM all time..let me see what is there inside :P
30. saenaedewe (Posts: 70; Member since: 01 May 2013)
It's just the same messenger like the others, but I still installed it anyway...
why? because most of my colleague in my country still uses blackberry phones and BBM, they won't give up the phone and BBM because they also still have a lot of their colleague using blackberry and BBM...
35. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Too little, too late. None of friends have blackberrys anymore. They are all using whatsapp on Android. Blackberry should have done this last year