BBM Video may be introduced with BlackBerry 10
0. phoneArena 29 Nov 2012, 09:05 posted on
Now here's a little piece of news that should make all BlackBerry loyalists pretty happy. Evidence suggests that with BlackBerry 10, RIM will introduce a new feature for its popular BBM service, namely video conversations. BBM Video, as the feature will likely be named, has not been mentioned by any of the company's officials...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. AlexYouOC (Posts: 53; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Sounds like RIM is going all out with BB10........ If this doesnt work, its definitely time to throw in that white flag
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
Uh ok... Bring it on RIM
8. wendygarett (unregistered)
Off topic... Is this avatar yours lol... I hate to say this but it's kinda cool actually...
And wait... Can Windows 8 actually can screenshot? Cool :)
13. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3053; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
That joke was meant for actually... RIM won't lay a hand on Apple, atleast not just yet.
And yes, it can (take) screenshots...
16. wendygarett (unregistered)
Don't get me wrong dude, I'm the one who give you green not red lol :)
If that's the case, I'm starting to interest to get wp soon lol
17. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3053; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I know man, it ain't you... I'm just clarifying...
So you're interested in Windows phone 8 because it can take screenshots? Lol...it sounds like that.
18. wendygarett (unregistered)
Lol yeah... Did my avatar answer your question?? No screenshot is actually a deal breaker for me :)
19. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3053; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Well, lets get back to topic before PA shuts us down, lol.
BB really has more than just stones and pebbles to pick. .. It ain't going to be easy...but i wish them luck, they'll need it.
4. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
nobody uses bbm anymore (except in my country)
6. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3053; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Oh, you don't know half of the world yet!!
10. the.real.question (Posts: 3; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
There's only 5% of BB user in Indonesia
and 18% android user in Indonesia
5% of BB user in Indonesia x 120 million user = ONLY 6 million blackberry (out of ????)
7. DiegoMarques (Posts: 4; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
Good news! But RIM is thinking in provide an upgrade to its old devices to support BlackBerry 10?
11. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
Most likely not. Rims old bbs have very underpowered hardware. I seriously doubt any of those devices can handle bb 10.
9. the.real.question (Posts: 3; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
The real QUESTION is...
RIM always say they have 80 million user...
IS THIS 80 Million user REAL???
Do RIM still count inactive user? (user that don't use the BBM in 1 month).
C'mon RIM, be honest,
how many of your user that use BBM at least 30 days ago.
seeing the quality of BB is not good with BB OS 6 devices having problem after about 6 month, I predict BB user were only around 40 million user.
12. the.real.question (Posts: 3; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
"..... The majority of feedback from the media on the first two BlackBerry 10 devices has been positive. But I'm still not sure these two devices, and the additional BlackBerry 10 handsets RIM releases next year, will be enough to reverse RIM's rapidly declining market share and save the BlackBerry brand. I'll explain why shortly. But first, some thoughts on the upcoming BlackBerry 10 hardware and software. .....
.... I know just how he feels. And I know millions of BlackBerry users feel the same way. Unfortunately, it's just not possible to at this point to say if BlackBerry 10 will save RIM.
Most of my opinions stated above are positive. That's because I'm honestly impressed with BlackBerry 10. I left the demo feeling optimistic for RIM's future. But it's my job to be realistic. ....."
14. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3053; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
That joke was meant for you actually... RIM won't lay a hand on Apple, atleast not just yet.
And yes, it can (take) screenshots...
15. DiegoMarques (Posts: 4; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
According to Futurecom 2012's Balance, BB still remains a leader... at least between executives. The event ocurred here in Brazil in October and many bloggers reported that what they saw was many executives using the RIM platform.
20. thunderising (Posts: 225; Member since: 25 Nov 2011)
Every other Indian kid is using a Blackberry. They still chime on about how amazing BBM is (Whatsapp? What's that!), pay 200 bucks a month to use it LOL.
21. slaggyb (Posts: 193; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I can't wait for lunch of BB10 .. Counting down.
22. AlexYouOC (Posts: 53; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
U cant wait for BB10 lunch ? Does RIM have a breakfast and dinner menu too ?
23. slaggyb (Posts: 193; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
In your mind you can spot mistakes right.. Good for you.
24. BBGrind (Posts: 50; Member since: 17 Jan 2012)
I suspected that was going with the cable companies signing deal with Verizon wireless and what better device to have it with, a device that have HDMI out, BB10.
25. MC1123 (Posts: 1251; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
i dont really get the point of people being negative toward this company that give a huge effort! i mean, PEOPLE why dont you just understand that RIM is giving huge effort!!!
i dont want to live in the world that is androidnize!!!
26. MC1123 (Posts: 1251; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
keep it coming RIM!!! wish you all the best!