BBM Channels soon to have big time sponsors as BlackBerry monetizes the app
0. phoneArena 28 Mar 2014, 21:31 posted on
Earlier this month, we told you that BlackBerry was testing out ads for BBM. CEO John Chen had said that the company was looking for ways to monetize the messaging app, and the tests involved sponsored invites and sponsored BBM Channels. On Friday, making the rounds after BlackBerry reported its fiscal fourth quarter earnings, Chen said that the company has been signing up top names to be its partners on the messaging app's discussion group-like Channels...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
I can't wait until BlackBerry is completely extinct forever....
2. tatail (Posts: 247; Member since: 08 Jan 2010)
Not going to happen.. Didn't happen three years ago, didn't happen two years, didn't happen a year ago. not going to happen now.
Keep day dreaming..
Keep spreading the hate..
Keep praying for the job losses of thousands of people who work for the company and depend on the company for an income.
Keep praying they lose the jobs, lose houses and properties to banks because they can't pay mortgage.
:) I doubt it will happen. Not going to happen. ;) but do keep your hopes high.
9. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
Agreed. I keep trying to tell the haters, BlackBerry isn't going anywhere.
8. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
I can't wait until your hate of BlackBerry is extinct forever, fzacek.
3. LePeR1898 (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Jun 2013)
Only good thing Blackberry has going for them is BBM.. Failing in all other areas
10. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
Not true, LePer. You need to do better research on BlackBerry.
14. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
No, their not..
here is why...
Q3 2013... 80 milion (monthly) active user
Q4 2013... 85 million (monthly) active user, 115 million registered user
Q1 2014... 85 million (monthly) active user, 160 million registered user
it seems bbm got stuck in 85 million monthly active user... 45 million new download in Q1 2014, and none of the download turn into active user.
5. Duketytz (Posts: 534; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
John Chen is like sucking BB dry for his own pocket before the company becomes bankrupt
11. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
How on earth does JC monetizing BBM Channels, thus making money for BlackBerry, equate to him sucking them dry? Your statement has no relevance to the topic whatsoever.
6. tenzin (Posts: 108; Member since: 20 Dec 2013)
If anyone tried all current os's definitely must end at blackberry because its gesture os is easier and quicker to use then the big trio also has much modern look and stability , that's the fact check just how good and quick u can type on their keyboard
15. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
actually it the other way around. I live in Indonesia, and right now lots of ex-BB7 user were migrating to android. they think that BB7 and BB10 is 2 different OS, if they need to choose new OS between iOS, BB10 & android, why choose the one with dead end. and this is the main reason why bb10 won't stick around. It stink. even the BB7 user don't even want to try it.
12. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
John Chen has great ideas for making money for BlackBerry. Keep up the good work.
16. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
john chen is trying to sell bb (the company). what he did is he sell everything that future buyer want to buy. bb will die very quick
13. downphoenix (Posts: 3138; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
I hope BBM takes over Whatsapp, or something does. I rather not a Facebook owned company have any relevance. I've heard Whatsapp has been downtrending lately anyway, guess Im not alone in thinking that way.
17. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
o cmon. don't jinx whatsapp with bb stupid legacy. I'm a whatsapp user and will move to line or wechat if bb buy whatsapp.