Awesome renders pit the 4.7'' iPhone 6 against the 4.7'' Samsung Galaxy Alpha
0. phoneArena 20 Aug 2014, 02:45 posted on
While we're yet to see the rumored 4.7'' iPhone 6 in the flesh, the expectations are that it will come with a new, premium design. Apple's long-time rival, Samsung, aware of the company's upcoming launch, has launched the still minty-fresh 4.7'' Galaxy Alpha with a metal frame, or such seems to be the general consensus. Samsung even went as far as to advertise the Alpha with the creative crowd in mind -- a crowd that is traditionally Apple-faithful...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. techperson211 (Posts: 823; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
These days the definition of premium is metal. Would still go for Sharp Aqous Crystal here and my Z2.
15. iLegend (Posts: 41; Member since: 05 Jun 2013)
the back of the iphone looks better than the front of the other guys..!! ;)
22. Cicero (Posts: 623; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
Stop the crappie things out of your mouth and for one moment be impartial and give credit where it belongs.
16. Daboss (Posts: 42; Member since: 27 Sep 2013)
You are on your own dude!
Plastic look and feels cheap when compared to metal and not just on phones but laptops etc .
2. nohatenofanboy (banned) (Posts: 515; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
1080p inch version of alpha would be good for me
8. tech2 (Posts: 2825; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
1080 inch would be a bit big. Don't u think ?
3. Sreddy (unregistered)
definitely that iphone 6 :D
21. magnanimus (Posts: 377; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
I would choose the Alpha because it brings somn of a fresh design to the table :D The iPhone 6 looks like an iPod.
7. Finalflash (Posts: 2039; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
With that much bloom I am sure even Sarah Jessica Parker would look nice.
6. xfire99 (Posts: 583; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Front and side, Sammys looks gorgeous and wins. Back goes to ip6.
For me, whats under the hood is more important than how it looks. Premium or plastic, who cares. I buy it to use it and not to stare at it.
9. twens (Posts: 777; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Honestly for looks I think sammy got it right this time. I love my 5s design but I think the alpha is more classy and sexy.
11. AJagtiani (Posts: 466; Member since: 24 Apr 2014)
The Alpha wins hands down. That iPun 6 has nothing !
12. marcski07 (Posts: 588; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
this design, i don't care if it is plastic or metal on back and side, as long it looks good, on note 4, then i'm sold.
13. naittosan (Posts: 234; Member since: 28 Jun 2014)
Well if your drooling for a pretty mid-range phone that is over priced, you should scoop that Alpha up.
23. Cicero (Posts: 623; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
You can call midrange only the 720p screen. But wait for the improvements of amoled and at the end how you called iPhones screens and specs until now and now on? Midrangers with premium prices?
27. gamblor77 (Posts: 95; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Pretty sure they both fall into the category of being mid-low end phones with shiny cases. Except the Alpha has much better specs and that's just sad. Considering Apple routinely gouges their customers with that crap hardware and the customer doesn't even even know what they're buying.
I honestly think Samsung is mocking Apple with this phone while partially getting on the "if you can't beat em', join em'" bandwagon. The one where they cater to the shallow idiots of the world without technical knowledge and those dummies eat that sh*t up.
14. D.Lamore (Posts: 198; Member since: 15 Aug 2014)
Alpha wins hands down in design , it looks sexy . Waiting for this phone, sorry note4
17. iamoa (unregistered)
this guy, can really make some beautiful renders. really a fan of his work. :)
18. liftmeup (Posts: 29; Member since: 17 May 2014)
This is obviously a topic for women.
What phone LOOKS BETTER?!
I certainly won't purchase any of them, I'd rather stick to my masculine Note 3 with a normal sized screen, monstrous processor and a normal battery.
So ladies, which one do you like more?
24. moaning_bimbo (Posts: 13; Member since: 20 Jun 2014)
The next iPhone will still have the chaffered aluminum edges JUST like the Galaxy alpha. They both look equally good so the question is which do you prefer Android 4.4.4 with samsungs revamped touch wiz or the elegant more functional successor to the polished IOS 7 Apple's greatest software achievement of that is IOS 8 vs Android most functional and powerful software that is touchwiz
25. chrisditya (Posts: 9; Member since: 31 Jul 2014)
May be, if Samsung Alpha had sAMOLED Screen and same pixel like iphone 6, it would be better.
26. gamblor77 (Posts: 95; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Well at least one good thing will come from this stunt where Samsung trolls Apple... Next year one of these companies will be forced to change their stale design language.