Audio problem found on some Apple iPhone 4S units
0. phoneArena 03 Jan 2012, 23:38 posted on
The Apple Support Communities Forum is beginning to hear from a number of Apple iPhone 4S users complaining about audio problems while on a call; the problem is that the person getting the call can hear the caller but not the other way around...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Nickmfnjackson (Posts: 101; Member since: 21 Jan 2010)
A as Android user, i'm tired of hearing every single flaw about the iPhone. My sgs2 re started like three times in a row today (probably because of my crappy aftermarket battery) but we know its not perfect so why is every malfunction always made a big deal?
5. hector93 (Posts: 19; Member since: 07 Jun 2010)
Because the iPhone is supposed to be PERFECT.
6. SleepingOz (unregistered)
That's actually what they pretend it to be.. haha
7. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
Everybody is tired of the "iPhone bug of the week"
9. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
actually, we have a betting pool.
anyone have "cant hear them calling bug" as the weekly bet? you win! :)
23. andro. (Posts: 1998; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Funny thing I said weeks ago that this silent call bug existed and was rampant in iphone 4s and that we have had alot of angry customers in my shop looking to return their faulty iphones as a result,and all i got here on phonearena was abuse from sad ifans like taco that 'it didn't exist'.
Still though I'm delight to see the iphone being reported as actually being faulty again!
2. christianqwerty (Posts: 467; Member since: 05 May 2011)
This happens to me, but pressing the speaker button , then un pressing it fixes it for me, simple fix,
3. SleepingOz (unregistered)
iBug of the week 's back!
4. medalaster01 (Posts: 42; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Same problem with my iPhone 4s but actually it is the mute that gets pressed when ever i take a call it happens 5/10 times so i am being extra careful when i lift a call now.
8. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
And that is why my friends I would never waste money in getting an Apple product. Funny how my iFanboy friend yesterday told me all Android phones are full of bugs and lagg XD
18. xoutrageousx (Posts: 70; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
your friend is right...and i used to be an android user.
19. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
Ah so the latest version you tried was Eclair 2.1 on a single core 800 MHZ device with 350 MB of RAM? :P
10. manuell3g (Posts: 66; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
seriously am beginning to think people just come here to lie about phones they dont use and hate. i have been using my htc inspire 4g with miui rom for months now and havent witnessed a single lag or bug..android is smooth n non laggy compared to my friends iphone 3gs.
12. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 660; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
I stand to be corrected. iPhones dont lag 2 much unlike Android due to so much an Android phone goes thru. Think about those live wallpapers, while you're still posting you new status on facebook, you get a string of notifications from Whatsapp, twitter, etc. So in my opinion, i think if Android devices were using iOS, they would be extra smooth due to the simplicity and lack of customization, widgets, live wallpapers and so on.
11. BlazinEmperor (Posts: 35; Member since: 24 Nov 2011)
Android Is Smooth? Really? The only smooth experience i've had on Android was with a Samsung Galaxy S2, though it lags at times when navigating through homescreens, but HTC, LG, S.E... All show so much lag even when it's a high-end device.
13. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 660; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Lets be honest here, If iPad or iPhone was running Android, it'll be a nightmare. Android runs alot of thing while iOS doesnt. I think we need to get that out of the way as much as we all love our beloved tasty fruit. Like I said, if all Android devices were running an iOS, they would be smoother than iDevices
20. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
u know that makes no sense right? The i4 and the SGS1 are the same phone internally. The SGS1 had a newer GPU, but the CPU, ram, and everything else was identical. Samsung makes the bulk of the internals of the iphones for a reason. Apple wants the best parts. Those parts come from Sammy.
21. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 660; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
....And then I was like "Was that reply for me?" #FullStopExclamation lol....
25. frydaexiii (Posts: 1443; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
I agree here, iFans need to learn the difference between "optimized" and "Lack of functions"
16. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
Lol what? Are you sure you didn't mistake the HTC and SE phones with cheap chinese copies?
14. BlazinEmperor (Posts: 35; Member since: 24 Nov 2011)
iOS is a highly optimised OS, just the same way Nokia optimises Symbian... But Google can't start optimising Android for each OEM, that will be a huge task, that's why u can even see an Android device lagging even when it's brand new, they rely on heavy hardware to offer an acceptable performance, that's why I discourage people from buying Low End/Mid Range Android phones, you'll only end up scavenging the whole internet for a LAG FIX.
15. BlazinEmperor (Posts: 35; Member since: 24 Nov 2011)
If you stay in the U.S & you can't afford a High-End Android phone, then you better join the WP7 train, atleast you're sure of a buttery smooth performance even on mid-range hardware.
17. tbar (Posts: 34; Member since: 18 Jan 2010)
If a WP 7 phone had a bug like this, people would be calling for the execution of Steve B. Since is Apple, it's acceptable. ("This happens to me, but pressing the speaker button , then un pressing it fixes it for me, simple fix,"). Amazing. I've got to give it to Apple. They have built a fanbase (including this site - a few??? 109 pages of a forum isn't a few) that simply ignores their bugs. I personally don't want a phone that doesn't do the most basic function of a phone without a workaround. That's just crazy.
24. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
must be a MISTAKE...apple dont create products that are not perfect lol PA get ready to be sued....joking aside every phone has bugs,unless you buy a ''dumb'' phone then expect a few bugs here and there.