At least one U.K. Apple Store sells out of the Apple iPhone 5s
0. phoneArena 20 Sep 2013, 08:59 posted on
Just a few days ago,, there was talk that the Apple iPhone 5s was going to be hard to find on launch day because of a couple of rumored production problems with the fingerprint sensor and the camera; add to that the lack of a pre-order period for the full-featured iPhone, and demand for the Apple iPhone 5s was bound to be extraordinary today...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Ninetysix (Posts: 1072; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
But but but...that Andoid guy on Phoneareana.com said that Apple is dead :( Did they lie to me????
2. rawbow (Posts: 405; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
well those robots are programmed to do that!
48. JunitoNH (Posts: 758; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
I'm happy with my G2, but please don't hate on other people, especially an American company. Let them have their day, besides, Samsung wished people were so loyal and delight to have their product.
64. 1113douglas (Posts: 170; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
Apple needs some serious help if they want to keep up with the competition
4. BillyG (Posts: 304; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
go and take a look at the back of those stores, i bet they hold lots of those iphones there to create an illusion that its sold out and 'will be back in stock' on monday
28. PAPINYC (Posts: 2044; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Better yet, interesting how they already had an iPoster iMocked-Up and ready for display. Puh'leeeeze, marketing stunt. Or, they just have about 10 iDudz per store. I was by Fifth Avenue store just yesterday afternoon and witnessed the MAD rush for myPAPIself; if you can call 25 lifeless people grazing outside the store a "MAD RUSH". Best part was, all the NYPD barricades that were delivered thinking they would have hundreds of international tourists and locals lined up for an iUpgrade just neatly racked near the curb and not iN Use. Check out my profile pic; it's even geotagged (if the info transferred over in the Copy & Paste). WHAT AN iJOKE .. . lol
31. Ninetysix (Posts: 1072; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Yes we believe you with the 25 people line. This article says 1417. There seems to be a huge disparity. I don't know who to believe :(
33. PAPINYC (Posts: 2044; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
You must be in iDenial, nevertheless, where you at
otherwise known as Fifth Avenue and East 58th Street at 2:20 PM EDT on yesterday, Thursday, September 19, 2013, otherwise known as International Brainwash Day??? I don't think so but I most certainly was and I have pictures to prove it. Pretty pathetic turn out for a flagship store: The Flagship Store, in fact, for the Northeast. Tragic, simply TRAGIC!!
32. Ninetysix (Posts: 1072; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Apple Store 5th Avenue line
iPhone 3G = 549
iPhone 4 = 1300
iPhone 5 = 1176
iPhone 5C/5S = 1417
iPhone 5C/5S = 25 (according to PAPINYC)
We all know that you didn't go out the house yesterday and stayed inside your mom's basement. Please stop posting for today and stop embarassing yourself PAPINYC.
41. PAPINYC (Posts: 2044; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Really lame, or should I say iLame, you really think we're stupid enough to believe that the Fifth Avenue Apple Store or ANY Apple Store is still selling the iPhone 3G and the iPhone 4 and iPhone 5, since they ALL have been iDiscontinued by Apple. Read here:
Feel free to fill in the ".'s"
Go home and play with your mommy's lipstick. [We're not the ones waiting in line with 25 other brAinless for last year's phone!!!]
42. Ninetysix (Posts: 1072; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
You ignorant bro? The number listed is the number of people that lined up when the product was released at launch.
45. PAPINYC (Posts: 2044; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
If you learned to write English maybe your post would express that but, as written, it iMplies differently. Proof is in the pudding, my profile pic was taken yesterday afternoon at 2:20; I guess all those thousands of people lined up after Starbucks Coffee houses around the country closed for business last night, giving their employees a chance to run home and drop off their Aprons to go line-up? Or, after bus routes ended!
54. darkkjedii (Posts: 9290; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude is a weirdo man lol. All this to slight apple? Boy oh boy.
43. PAPINYC (Posts: 2044; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
You have me confused with the woman who fed you in your iNfancy.
65. robinlim85 (Posts: 85; Member since: 03 May 2013)
25 is ok because there are only one people queing up for S4,i think its you
hey don't believe me?i downloaded one picture from google image of one people queue to prove that
51. darkkjedii (Posts: 9290; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
U need a life, you spend your time on PA trolling, and out and about around NYC...trolling. Dude you officially suck lol. Wowwww what a waste.
5. darkkjedii (Posts: 9290; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
No it was PAPINYC. He never lies, he's all knowing lol...NOT!!!
30. PAPINYC (Posts: 2044; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
It's been a difficult week for me with all the thousands of animals blocking me on Fifth Ave as I traverse around the 'hood. I tripped several times this week; glad the "MAD RUSH" of 25 brAinless people is OVER.
6. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
It is dead though!
Those iBrain users are programmed and follow the leader to buy what is only given, not what you can have!
They only had 24 in stock, again to cause a big hype, like they always do! Same old, same old tricks really works! And I users, iFans believe in it
8. Ninetysix (Posts: 1072; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
It's so dead that you will not see this kind of line for ANY android device. You mad TROLL? You should preach your freedom of speech in an Apple store. Tell them that they can't buy the smartphone platform that THEY prefer.
10. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
You should work for the government, I've never seen anyone spin the facts as much as you do. Simple fact is there are hundreds of Android handsets so yes, it's not likely they'll be lines like the iPhone gets. It's really common sense to know that.
What's more important and likely you'll never admit, people standing in line for phone X doesn't diminish phone Y in any manner. Nor does standing in line for phone X make phone X better.
We all know Apple will sell millions of iPhones, why does it always have to be a constant internet war with some people? Are people so insecure that they feel they have to win every internet argument? Sometimes is seems like that's the case.
36. rawbow (Posts: 405; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
You take a diplomatic standpoint and yet write a bible out of it ...smh
38. Sauce (Posts: 1095; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
They have to make up for their wittle peepee's.
12. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
We are smart not lining up for a 2011 device with 2 years old specs
We await and get these delivered to our address
We don't buy the same looking device over and over and over again and again
Android has command scripts
In iOS you can't tinker anything
You can't modify the devices CPU, GPU
When you buy a laptop, PC, car you have every option to alter.
We are given choices
Apple gives you one device to choice
They all give options
Apple gives you what they like and you must not obey it
15. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
You should let it go, it's only going to give you ulcers. More importantly, you miss the trees for the forest. Simple truth is this, you have a choice with Apple, it's not like there isn't. If you want an iPhone, that's your choice. If you don't, that's your choice as well. People will buy what they want, it's their choice to or not to.
17. Ninetysix (Posts: 1072; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Awesome. All of those should stop these guys from buying iPhones. Specially the command scripts....I mean wow!!!! Oh and overclocking??? WOW!!!! That's impressive.
18. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4601; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
100 Things iPhone 5S - 5C Can't do Android Phones Can:
21. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Its really so much fun being in Apple articles!!!
61. robinlim85 (Posts: 85; Member since: 03 May 2013)
i almost gag of laughing reading someone actually stop people from buying what they like because they can't overclock it
i think he has no girlfriend
63. robinlim85 (Posts: 85; Member since: 03 May 2013)
TROLL,all those german car u mentioned price much higher than japanese car with higher spec,just look at 3 series vs Accord,german don't make cars for poor people
and porshe has the same profit margin as iphone(and ppl pay hundreds of thousands here,not $199),porshe customer don't complaint that,only the poor that couldn't afford making noise
Apple more resembles german car here dude
14. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6631; Member since: 14 May 2012)
95% of the people in line are over the age of 35...
16. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4601; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
From where such statistics? Or it is just your assumptions?
25. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6631; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Just by analyzing the picture, it's pretty obvious. I honestly don't know why you always ask for statistics and data like you're a scientist or something. Take a deep breathe, and chill.
44. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4601; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Just by analyzing the picture, it's pretty obvious."
In other words it is just your assumptions.
"I honestly don't know why you always ask for statistics and data like you're a scientist or something."
I honestly also don't know why you always write some statistics like you're a scientist or something even if this statistics are just your assumptions and nothing more.
49. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6631; Member since: 14 May 2012)
So what was the point behind your post? Just rehashing what I said? Cool.
56. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4601; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"So what was the point behind your post?"
The point is that there is no reason to spread bulls**t statistics like you did. ;)
9. joey_sfb (Posts: 1973; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
My friend suggested that Apple should make champagne gold exclusive to 64G only. Do Apple fan like this idea?
13. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4601; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Whatever Apple will say, Apple fans will agree.
23. joey_sfb (Posts: 1973; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
because most Apple fan want a gold iPhone 5s so nothing special if every fan has one.
24. robinlim85 (Posts: 85; Member since: 03 May 2013)
android guy say:"everybody MUST buy an android,no matter if you like iphone or window phone,because we are freeman without restriction,we MUST buy android phone,its a MUST"
iphone guy say: "alright alright, we are communist but we buy what we like,leave us alone"
47. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4601; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
What communism has to do with all this?
69. robinlim85 (Posts: 85; Member since: 03 May 2013)
someone guy above suggest android is freedom,like democracy and apple has no freedom,like communist
weirdly all these freedom guy keep stopping people from buying what they want,condemning people who buy anything other than android,posting self generated facts,thinking only android is the best. i wonder where is the freedom of these freedom guy
46. JunitoNH (Posts: 758; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Maybe that is wishful thinking, but lines already out the door at my local AT&T.
58. Bernoulli (Posts: 1399; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Just because it sells out doesn't mean it's not dead, take Nokia for instance and all the times they sold out of the lumia 920
3. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
How many units were sold? Apple will sell a boat load but if this individual store sold out because they didn't receive a full compliment due to supply shortages, then this makes more sense.
7. SellPhones82 (Posts: 384; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Exactly! Being "sold out" means nothing without numbers to put it into context...we had locations that we were only shipping or or 2 5S's to so they were "sold out" after selling 2 of them! Now with this being a Apple store you'd think they'd have a least a few hundred at launch but you never know.
11. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Just not a fan of articles without relevance. Apple always sells a ton of iPhones the first day of release, it's not much of a stretch to find one that sells out. By the end of the day a lot of stores will sell out, it's a strong seller. Knowing if it was impacted because of supply shortages is something altogether different.
27. bubbadoes (Posts: 313; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Since no one knows the actual numbers of on hand iphones in the store--this could mean absolutely nothing. If you had 10 per store--then this is not news worthy. I was in Verizon the other night when the network went down because of all the ios 7 downloads and they had 20 phones on hand to go on sell Friday. So I do expect them to sell out.
29. roscuthiii (Posts: 1717; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
The 5S is a great phone, worthy of popularity and of being sold out... however, after the recent article about low shipping numbers of the 5S, "Sold Out" was kind of to be expected.
Maybe it's a standard thing, but the signage already being available that the 5S is sold out just makes it look like a manufactured marketing stunt here.