Asus tweets "we've got things covered", teasing Nexus 7 tablet covers in flashy colors
0. phoneArena 06 Jul 2012, 08:59 posted on
What's a tablet maker to do these days, when El Goog announces it has chosen its manufacturing prowess to create its first Nexus tablet posterkid for Android 4.1 Jelly Bean? Why, do some covers, of course...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
it would be awesome if the cover had a keyboard...
7. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
rephrasing your comment:
It would be awesome if they have surface tablet covers.
9. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
not completely necessarily we saw Logitech perform two cases for both android devices and iPad with s concept similar to the surface, plus MS was said to be taking cues from all their partners in order to get the surface done
now why cant asus build a keyboard in it too? just saying
2. darktranquillity (Posts: 284; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
And apple got things to be scared of
3. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Hopefully, the cover won't be "legendary" like the smart cover and actually cost a reasonable price... aka less than $40!
4. Aeires (unregistered)
The gray cover in the market is listed at $19.99 and looks just like the ones shown in this article.
devices/details/Nexus_7_Cover_ Dark_Grey?id=nexus_7_cover&fea ture=accessories
5. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I never understood the use of a SmartCover.... It really doesn't protect the device and it costs $40....
.. oh yeah.. It's made by Apple.
6. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
It protects the screen and it's very light. I like it and wish they made one for my GT10.1....
8. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1236; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Lol those are the colors of the surface covers.
10. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I think people have issues with this those are also iPad smart cover photos
eviews/graphics/products/uploa ded/apple_ipad_smart_cover_834 609_g2.jpg
oh look there are also cases with the galaxy s2
for the record there is a reason for this colors, basic color designs (such as the ones you see) are much easy to produce unlike complex color mixtures. plus they are quite popular