Asus pushes back plans for Windows RT devices
0. phoneArena 30 Jul 2013, 08:00 posted on
Asus is a company that is not afraid to take risks and is known to work on weird, sometimes crazy devices…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. sinple (Posts: 124; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
considering vivotab atom is cheaper than vivotab RT in Singapore, it really makes no sense to push for RT
2. sprockkets (Posts: 1464; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
RT is dead. Win8 is only useful and worthwhile if people can use the outdated, out of control desktop mode, ignoring the touch side of the OS completely.
And nobody cared about vapor MG, free office, the click stand, or anything else about the surface rt.
3. jove39 (Posts: 1401; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
RIP WinRT...your short life span...won't be missed!
4. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
What are you guys pisz and moaning? RT is like the toy ipads and nexus 7s. It shouldn't be dead but renamed. Just bought a vivotab RT and everyone's giving lost hope.
5. Bilpocalypse (Posts: 301; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Agreed. I have a Surface RT and it's great. Would I rather have a Windows 8 tablet? Of course I would. Unfortunately the battery life isn't on par or even reasonable, even when you count the craptastic Atom based tablets. The fatal flaw for Windows RT is that people think it's Windows 8.
8. juandante (Posts: 448; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
and why would someone complain about an hardware that they bought expensive ?
9. Bilpocalypse (Posts: 301; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Considering that I basically got it for free, your comment is void.
6. ianbbaa (Posts: 283; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
RT should merge with WinPhone and stay on phones and phablets till 6". With BayTrail Intel CPUs there should be just one WIN8 version...but MSoft should make huge update for the future into WIN8 that way so METRO apps could work together with desktop....
I dont see the point to have 2 OneNotes, 2 SkyDrive apps on 1 device...one for METRO one for desktop...i can not even share a file, pic from desktop via build-in METRO email client
7. ddeath (Posts: 166; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
Surface RT is good, only when it is cheap. Getting one at ~USD209 through Education program method.
10. joey_sfb (Posts: 3824; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
No point even if its cheap. Who would develop apps for it?? A cheaper white box android tablet would be more useful now and 2 years from now.
And with 2nd gen nexus 7 pricing i would rather go for that instead of white box android tablet.