Asus officially launches the PadFone S and ZenFone 5 LTE
0. phoneArena 08 Jul 2014, 11:55 posted on
Both the PadFone S and ZenFone 5 LTE offer slightly improved features compared to the PadFone X and the non-LTE ZenFone 5...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
We need more launches with hot girls on screen......
5. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Yes whoever edited those pictures is really talented.
4. nbringer (Posts: 180; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
There is an annoying similarity with G3. Can you spot it?
6. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Did LG invent brushed metallic plastic now?
10. steedsofwar (unregistered)
Actually Asus are more well known for their brushed metallic radial designs starting all the way back from their first transformer line, maybe 2011/2012 i think.https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:
Immediately after, almost all their phones had this design. I also remember seeing the Zenphone or Padfone with the lower lip designed that way before even the leaks of the G3. I could be wrong on the last theory there.
7. Doakie (Posts: 1733; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Well being that the Zenfone 5 was announced in January at CES; it's actually the other way around.
9. hung2900 (Posts: 899; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Remember the first Samsung's WP 8 phone? How the hell did LG invent metallic plastic?
And Zenfones are announced months before G3
8. Doakie (Posts: 1733; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Why couldn't they have announced a Zenfone 6 LTE? I was pretty excited to get a Zenfone 6 until the Huawei Ascend Mate 2 was made available in the USA. Now the battery life on the Mate 2 sounds too good to pass up. But I want the low light capabilities of the Zenfone 6 camera.
11. Af1rPA (Posts: 548; Member since: 12 Jun 2014)
If the horizontal bezels were thinner then Asus would have a winner on its hands.
12. cosimonh (Posts: 12; Member since: 27 Apr 2013)
Asus Padfone S is a winner! It's around USD$330 in Taiwan currently. Given it's a flagship standard, it's selling at mid-range prices!