Asus explains what it took to make the Nexus 7 in just four months
0. phoneArena posted on 07 Aug 2012, 08:31
If you asked us a year ago what company would make the next Google Nexus device, we might have bet on Samsung, HTC or Motorola. We wouldn’t have thought about Asus…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. iamcc posted on 07 Aug 2012, 08:48 9 0
Can't wait for them to release a 10" Nexus tablet... :)
7. andro. posted on 07 Aug 2012, 09:18 2 0
I second that! Currently model not available outside the US yet though :-(
2. PhoneCritic posted on 07 Aug 2012, 08:58 11 0
Have to Admire Asus. they do a good Job in manufacturing Android tablets.
3. AppleWho (banned) posted on 07 Aug 2012, 08:59 5 0
I got min at Walmart 249 16GB model - very impressive - smooth UI - the best tablet on the market - even got 25.00 credit for play and Transformer movie.
4. Fallout09 posted on 07 Aug 2012, 09:05 0 5
Isnt that the same thin glass concept that Apple is using on their next iPhone?
5. kramersmash posted on 07 Aug 2012, 09:06 1 1
I keep wondering why no one ever mentions the ASUS MeMO 370T in this conversation.
Not that they are the same but Asus was already working on a $200 tablet, so it's not like they started from scratch.
8. TortillaSlap posted on 07 Aug 2012, 09:31 0 1
I expected them to say.. "how did we do it? well, we pretty much already had it done.. we made some slight revisions to it, slapped on JB and called it a day!" lol.
The truth is a lot less exciting. :)
17. protozeloz posted on 07 Aug 2012, 22:33 0 0
if you check there are quite some similarities
6. bobfreking55 posted on 07 Aug 2012, 09:09 2 0
it felt so fun just reading it! I want to work with Google soon.
sounds so much better than the repetitive productions of the iPad through abusing workers and boring money-focused business.
sorry ^ had to say it :)
9. gallitoking posted on 07 Aug 2012, 11:25 2 8
"the device had to be fast, cheap and good" they could have said inexpensive instead of cheap.. but that would be false advertising. right?
10. AppleWho (banned) posted on 07 Aug 2012, 13:54 5 2
dude, get over it - google made something better than apple. Go cry to your mommy and buy one and experience it for yourself. Go back to high school.
13. android_sucks posted on 07 Aug 2012, 17:06 0 3
Better than apple?!!! Really in what regard? The lack of a rearfacing camera? Surely it's the fact that the iPad looks cheaply made?
16. protozeloz posted on 07 Aug 2012, 22:29 3 1
more portable, more affordable, better speech recognition, better maps, better email, better social network integration, and a built in chat service that works with more people at the same time and works on every major OS there is
14. gallitoking posted on 07 Aug 2012, 17:57 1 2
it doesn't affect me one bit.. what happens to the Nexus 7 or any other Android tablet.. other than the Transformer.. just making an observation that they could have use the word inexpensive instead of cheap as using cheap sounds cheap.. but.. maybe it is cheap.. by price and material... fandroids chill. not everyone will speak wonders about Android.. about didn't even mention it. so any comment regarding better than Apple .. is all you guys.. not me
12. EclipseGSX posted on 07 Aug 2012, 15:07 1 0
At least be creative, you just look stupid
ps. did your break give you a chance to work on your English skills? They seem to have improved.
11. technut posted on 07 Aug 2012, 14:23 2 0
I just can't wait to see the sales figures roll in. I expect a few people will be blown away by the numbers. Google and Asus really nailed it on this one.
15. cepcamba posted on 07 Aug 2012, 21:42 0 0
It's hard to imagine the Nexus 7 as a rushed device. Imagine what they could do if they had a leisurely pace. Answer: Transformer series :)
18. OSFantasma posted on 07 Aug 2012, 22:53 1 0
I,m still going to get mine. Also i can wait to see if the rumor about five nexus devices is true i will surely look at the motorola, htc and samsung if they make one. Wow what a day i fixed to many apple products today i cant believe how crack the 4/4s Digitizers get. Anyway sorry for side track i hope that thinner glass does not mean extra fragile.