Asus exec states Google's tablet is aimed squarely at the Kindle Fire, "Nexus" sign snapped chilling in the I/O conference building
0. phoneArena 27 Jun 2012, 08:16 posted on
After Bloomberg and the WSJ confirmed today Google is launching its own Nexus tablet, made by Asus, now Reuters chips in from the horse's mouth as well. Anonymous Asus exec has told the news agency: "It's targeting Amazon. The Kindle is based on Google's platform but with its own service, so Google has to launch its own service, too"...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Synack (Posts: 668; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
I mean it's probably the tablet but I'd be fine if they were announcing Jelly Bean soon for my GNexus. OR BOTH!
3. mercorp (Posts: 976; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Bye bye kindle fire.
The nexus tablet will kick your butt out!
4. Birds (Posts: 1023; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
So excited. What if they launch a secret budget Nexus phone too?
5. Synack (Posts: 668; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
I'd be happier if they decided to launch a cell service that run off CDMA and LTE and was $60 unlimited EVERYTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
6. remixfa (Posts: 14080; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
call it GSM and HSPA+ which is the same speed as LTE in testing (and LTE next year), and you have Tmobile.
8. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Android OS creator aiming at Android manufacturer with non google service