Asus announces pricing and launch date for quad-core Asus Transformer Pad TF300
0. phoneArena posted on 22 Apr 2012, 11:57
The Asus Transformer Pad TF300 will launch online on April 23rd and will be in stores a week later, if inventory permits; at first, the tablet will be offered in Royal Blue with other colors such as Torch Red and Iceberg White due in June...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Muhannad posted on 22 Apr 2012, 12:32 9
Not to mention, you can insert a microSD. This just perfect for watching Full HD movies!
15. Commentator posted on 22 Apr 2012, 21:37 2
If by "Full HD" you mean 1080p, then no, you can't. The TF300 only has 720p resolution. The Transformer Pad Infinity is the one with the 1080p screen, and I'd much rather take that tablet over this one.
17. gp284 posted on 22 Apr 2012, 22:30 0
Yes it is 1080p. Go on Asus's website.
18. Commentator posted on 22 Apr 2012, 22:35 1
"Display 10.1" WXGA (1280 × 800) LED Backlight 178° wide viewing angle IPS panel,
10 finger multi-touch"
1280 x 800 is 720p. 720p is normally 1280 x 720, but there's 80 extra pixels to make up the black Android ICS toolbar at the bottom.
The Transformer Infinity, meanwhile, is 1920 x 1200. Again, it would normally be 1920 x 1080, but there's an extra 120 pixels at the bottom for the Android toolbar.
20. gp284 posted on 23 Apr 2012, 09:29 0
hmm i know it said 1080p somewhere... But i can't get on asus's website right now and im not sure why, so you win this one for now haha.
3. fay99 posted on 22 Apr 2012, 13:23 6
Only $20 of difference, do they really want to sell the 16gb model?
4. remixfa posted on 22 Apr 2012, 13:56 7
i like that its only a $20 difference. hopefully everyone just buys the 32 gig and then the 16 goes on sale to 299 or less :)
5. Muhannad posted on 22 Apr 2012, 14:05 4
Thats exactly what they want, they may make $20 more from you only but when a lot of people pay that extra $20 for a 32GB it'll make a difference in their profits.
12. remixfa posted on 22 Apr 2012, 17:56 3
its got removable memory right? What Id love is the 16 gig bundled with the keyboard for sub 400. That would just about make me flip open my wallet. Prices need to just keep on coming down. yeeaper!
8. DigitalMD posted on 22 Apr 2012, 15:31 1
maybe when the tablet + dock sells for less than an Ipad and runs Windows 8, i'll want one, otherwise BOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRing
11. gp284 posted on 22 Apr 2012, 17:47 1
I would definintly consider buying this. My only question is if i would be able to install windows 8 and if it did I would definintly get one.
13. sprockkets posted on 22 Apr 2012, 18:43 1
Not officially anyhow, since there will be no windows rt (arm version) sold separately.
14. gp284 posted on 22 Apr 2012, 19:09 1
yeah i was just thinking that. But i do have a relative that was able to get the complete windows 7 on his vista laptop so i think he could probably get it on there for me if i asked...
21. gp284 posted on 23 Apr 2012, 09:30 0
sorry for free i meant to put that in there.
22. JenApple posted on 24 Apr 2012, 11:24 1
That’s more like it. A transformer pad that’s actually affordable. Especially the 32GB version. You're not exactly gonna find a cheaper quad-core tablet with 32GB of storage anytime soon lol.