Asus ZenFone 2 is the first phone with 4 GB RAM
1. Anshulonweb (Posts: 430; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
pa do you have price info of 4gb mode.... the price starts at $200 but i think it is of lower 2gb model...
25. joey_sfb (Posts: 5236; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Asus you got my attention, now for a closer look! With good performance and price I will switch from Samsung to Asus.
If Samsung still continue to give 3GB they will lose a lot of sales this year.
29. Rorschach (Posts: 83; Member since: 26 Apr 2013)
to be honest, 3 or 4 GB won't make a difference on andriod until their apps are developed on 64 bit architecture... so until then, these stats are pretty pointless
2. PorkyBurger (Posts: 585; Member since: 18 May 2013)
I am WOW'd by the price. When they announced the price I was like - WUT? Is this a dream?
I REALLY did not expect this from ASUS. :)
20. JC557 (Posts: 1316; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Considering DDR4 is still in the infancy I would say either DDR3 or DDR2.
22. 777light777 (Posts: 63; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
Umm yeah, LG G Flex 2 has LPDDR4 RAM...
28. XaErO (Posts: 296; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Asus Zenfone 2 has LPDDR3 RAM ..
6. Piotrek007 (Posts: 112; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
I guess asus is the first company that copied buttons at the back from LG :D
14. smallworld (Posts: 483; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
And LG copied this from Acer (Liquid Gallant).
9. ianbbaa (Posts: 305; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
intel cpu, 4gb ram...if it had hdmi out - would be nice device to run on Windows 10 :) ...while on the phone, normal metro UI to handle the phone - when you stick an external monitor to hdmi - full windows on the external screen. Dream.
12. bambamboogy02 (Posts: 502; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
Maybe through an adapter from the micro-usb? Wouldn't doubt that it is a possibility, especially with an Intel chip powering it.
13. amasog (Posts: 338; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
"Why is that impressive? Well, simply because there isn't any other officially announced handset out there with so much RAM."
LOL! 4GB ram? for what? for bragging?
are you running 3d studio max on your phone? haha!
well, thats what fandroids are waiting for. I hope the laggy OS will run smooth on this phone.
- LG G3 user (2GB RAM but not lag-free even on lollipop)
16. bambamboogy02 (Posts: 502; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
G3 also comes with a 3GB option, which is on the 32GB version. The ram is not for the os, but more so for the advanced apps being developed. And yes, it will for sure help with the 3d design studio on Android. Looks like you are a little butt hurt with your 1GB of RAM in your 2014 apple device.
Also, unlike apple, you obvious sheep, it is stating it did something first, and selling new technology. They are not telling you they have a NEW "Retina Display" and use that to sell you a new device. Please, Retina display was like 766P and in 2014 finally graduated to a proper 1080P display. So keep your old technology in your old phone. Let people enjoy the new stuff. Once apple lets you have more than 1 GB, you will be like " 2GB freaking rocks guys! why didn't they do this before! like OMG!"
21. JC557 (Posts: 1316; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
The same comment from two different user names should be a hint in banning this idiot. (Running a smooth running HTC One M8 and my brother's iPhone 6 isn't smoother but roughly the same)
26. Neo_Huang (Posts: 1067; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)
I don't think this phone has split-screen multitasking, so, yeah, pretty much.
23. mostafawael.1998 (Posts: 240; Member since: 01 Oct 2014)
That device is really cool!!!!
Great work Asus. Thumbs up for the price along with the capabilities of the phone!!!!!
It is really impressive
27. iLovesarcasm (Posts: 446; Member since: 20 Oct 2014)
Just change the buttons on the next model.