Asus Transformer Prime GPS location test
0. phoneArena 24 Jan 2012, 13:47 posted on
Before proceeding with the GPS location test, we verified that our review unit is running the most up-to-date software, and rightfully so, that appears to be the case. From what we’ve read, the latest software updates the tablet’s GPS driver, which should be at version 6.9.13...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. firestarter2 (Posts: 14; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
Im confused why are you testing GPS indoors?...
2. Dmann (Posts: 165; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
It doesn't matter. Since both are under the same conditions, there are no excuses for the Prime's low signal.
3. quadcore (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
The two devices do not have the same gps tech. The droid razr
also has glonass gps radios, where as the prime just has gps only type gps radio.
5. digimind (Posts: 3; Member since: 27 Nov 2011)
Why didnt you test it against another tablet?
Smartphone and tablet isnt really good Comparison ..
6. firestarter2 (Posts: 14; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
If you are going to do a test might as well do it right. test it outdoors or maybe in a car..
7. Fallout09 (Posts: 408; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I blame Lightsquare for poor GPS issues. National Space-Based Positioning, Navigation and Timing Executive Committee were correct in their findings.