Asus Tablet 810 breaks cover: 11.6-inch Windows 8 tablet on Intel Atom
0. phoneArena 04 Jun 2012, 04:31 posted on
Taipei’s Computex expo now brings us the Asus Tablet 810 - a Windows 8 tablet with a 11.6-inch screen and an Intel Atom processor under the hood…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Evil_SaNz (Posts: 259; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Hopefully we will get soon a battery comparison between the 810 and 600 series!
2. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
Hmm... if I get the money, I'll pass and get an Ultrabook w/touchscreen instead. I like the Aspire S7... Price is the problem.
4. hung2900 (Posts: 949; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
It's not the final item, just a prototype.
I believe that it'll be powered by dual-core hyper-threading Clover Trail and PowerVR SGX544MP2 GPU.
If that's true, please take my money.
5. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Didn't expect Windows 8 tablet with heavy specs. But thats most welcome.
6. tward291 (Posts: 559; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
i wanna know the price. hope microsoft has learned that you cant price a tablet at 1500 and expect the masses to buy it. if they want to take the tablet market from apple they need to price it right.
7. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
I need 4 gigs of ram at a minimum please. :)
16. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
actually 2 is enough for a tablet this year
8. PhoneLuver (Posts: 481; Member since: 05 Jul 2010)
Now tell us about 3G/4G connectivity!
9. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
So... let me get this straight.
This thing will be able to run Minecraft, and is basically a full-blown Windows laptop with "desktop mode" and everything. And it'll be able to download regular programs as well as apps from the Windows Marketplace?
Considering getting this over the tf700t.
The sad thing is, it won't be able to run PS CS5 or Premiere CS5 without 4 GB of RAM.
Maybe it'll be able to be upgraded somehow.
10. vslayer (Posts: 34; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
ohhhh no haha android fans where are u ?? microsoft is starting to pull a trigger ..... i must be honest lets see samsung and nokia how will make their tablets :)
13. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
if your gonna troll, do it with enough language skills that we can decipher what you are saying
second, samsung and nokia are both working with W8 and W8 tablets... so what is your point?
12. coolastic11 (Posts: 6; Member since: 24 Nov 2011)
What's the difference between Windows 8 and Windows RT
14. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
RT is the ARM version. basically its "mobile only" with no desktop mode. Its pretty much the way WP7 is already.
Windows 8 is the full desktop version that runs on intel x86 chips like a normal PC.
If you want full functionality and desktop compatibility then u do not want RT. However you will probably be paying a pretty penny for the full version as the specs bump is pretty substantial.