Asus Padfone 2 appears in video tour
0. phoneArena 12 Oct 2012, 21:34 posted on
The Asus Padfone 2 is days away from a dual introduction on Tuesday in Milan and Taipei and CEO Jerry Chan brought a video tour of the device to Bloomberg Television India; the Asus Padfone 2 brings a larger 4.7 inch HD screen and a 13MP camera...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. MeoCao (unregistered)
the phone has 4s design elements but looks much better than 4s and iphone 5. the pad wedge shape doesn't look very convincing, but much will depends on the software and price.
very interesting device
4. MeoCao (unregistered)
I watched the video and it appeared that the wedge shape is from the laptop, not Padfone.
2. Hammerfest (Posts: 369; Member since: 12 May 2012)
lol, slide system is broken for me! nothing like [/slide] [slide] to go around!
Seriosuly however, I want to see this close up and find out the specs of the tablet interface!
5. Contreramanjaro (Posts: 153; Member since: 04 Dec 2011)
Yay! the slide system is broken! I can see all the images on the page like I have computer with a monitor with a resolution over 800x600.
As far as I know, the tablets are little more than batteries and screens in this setup. Maybe some better speakers and ports.
Also, I love Asus' designs for some reason. They seem to do subtle well enough that it looks like the device I want. Samsung's designs are over the top. HTC has a sort of 'me too' look about them that works well but just feels a little too... Windows 98. By this I mean Mr. Jobs' assertion that Microsoft has no culture years ago. The Nexus designs always feel a bit boring to me with the Nexus S being the last desirable looking one and that only being a result of minimalism. The Lumias look like I'd think the design was great all the way into my second week owning it when I'll wish I'd just gotten a black one. The physical design is great, but those colors are too bright for an everyday device (Very strictly IMO). Asus seems to nail that mark in between looking too much like a toy and looking like a grown adults tool for life. Maybe I'm a little biased.
Well, this turned out not to be so much a reply to Hammerfest (which sounds like a much more focused oktoberfest) but my thoughts on mobile design.
6. Contreramanjaro (Posts: 153; Member since: 04 Dec 2011)
Looking at the video again. The tablet looks so minimal. Man, I hope it doesn't sit weird on a table with that phone bulging out in the middle.
3. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
MSM8960T or MPQ8064 AT 2.0GHZ with DDR3 2GB RAM 400PPI ADRENO 320 QUADCORE
is that asking to much.... Please
8. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
You are wrong..
S4 pro cannot be clocked to 2.0ghz and its APQ8064 instead of MPQ8064..
400ppi is actually useless as our eyes can hardly diffentate between 300ppi and 330ppi..
(Yes..you are asking tooo much)
19. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Is that why on the Note 2 the text arnt sharp....
22. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Who said that note 2s display isn't sharp?
It has 267 ppi with non pentile oled display..who thinks its not good????
25. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2431; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
if it would of been S LCD the pixel density would of been much higher..... amoled seems old and too dimm
28. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3994; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
How would the density been much higher if it was S-LCD? I think S-Amoled is very nice on my GS2, even with only 206 ppi, I like the saturation and contrast (even though it hurts my eyes sometimes). I generally enjoy S-LCD more, but Amoled is still very nice.
32. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
amoled displays are amazing..
They may not be as realistic and lcds are concerned but it is really attractive.
I like it on gneXs and gs2..!
29. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3994; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
You can't really compare 267 ppi to 300+ ppi... Wait until the Note 2's display gets scaled down so it has about 310 ppi, then it will be great.
33. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
He'l not understand coz he is a TROLL as his name suggests..!
7. darkskoliro (Posts: 968; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Seeeeesh every phone is being announced except the 5" phablet. Im starting to get worried.
9. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Are you talking about HTC 5" phablet with 1080p resolution??
10. darkskoliro (Posts: 968; Member since: 07 May 2012)
yup yup, the one im supposedly waiting for. Hope it starts selling in stores by christmas :(
16. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Hmm..i am waiting for the next neXus..!
18. darkskoliro (Posts: 968; Member since: 07 May 2012)
there will be a lot of nexus devices soon! haha. Not that im buying an LG one if it comes with only 8gb -.- you know how expensive 3g plans are in my country
21. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Which country are from?
Me to definitely not buy the LG neXus just because of its branding.
In my country LG is considered a very bad company only meant for refrigerators and microwaves(lol!!)
Looking forward for the Xperia nexus!
24. darkskoliro (Posts: 968; Member since: 07 May 2012)
I think LG has a bad reputation globally :L haha. And im from NZ. Xperia or HTC nexus come at me too!!
Was actually contempt with Razr designs but the new ones make me scratch my head :( Ill go for sony or htc
26. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2431; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
im with yall on the sony n Htc part.......cant wait to see a sony nexus!
31. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
2013 iz gonNA bE aMaZIn...!!!
30. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
lets wait and see..
I prefer sony because it has heavily contributed to AOSP..
xda support and open source hardware is very important for me..
HTC is the best in its build quality!
Moto fail..with their locked bootloaders.
13. Nookie4u (Posts: 127; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
With all these companies making so many awesome devices this fall, it's getting harder to choose!
14. buccob (Posts: 1396; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Alright, I am definitely selling my SGS3 for this... PLEASE ASUS release it soon after announcement.
15. jeff1434325 (Posts: 93; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
ohh,..I'm more interested in that dual screen win8 laptop.
23. Zahrawy (Posts: 10; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
The TAICHI is not suitable for watching porn unless you want the whole auditorium to watch with you :-)
27. AvtoExport (Posts: 15; Member since: 02 Jul 2009)
Wanт to see ASUS PadFone 2 in U.S. with AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, and U.S. Cellular, with in DISCOUNT Price of Two Years Contract.
But it will not be profitable for them due to the: ONE DATA PLAN!
SO FOR THIS REASON WE NEVER SEE PadFone 2 FROM THE AMERICAN PROVIDORS ?
34. jhattara (Posts: 33; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Owner of the original PadFone. Kind of disappointed with Asus getting on the phablet bandwagon with the phone. With this device a 4.3" phone would make more sense as you have the 10.1" tablet screen you can attach it to. Even the 4.3" screen needs some stretching to use properly with one hand.