Asus PadFone 2 goes official: quad-core S4 APQ8064 inside, 2GB of RAM, 13-megapixel camera
0. phoneArena posted on 16 Oct 2012, 01:54
The Asus PadFone 2 is now out. Just like that, after a couple of leaks, and right in accordance with Asus’ invitations, the PadFone 2 was unveiled…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 16 Oct 2012, 02:03 5 4
without a doubt..........but i gotta say this phone looks good and has beastly specs!
5. No_Nonsense posted on 16 Oct 2012, 02:06 4 0
I never said this phone is ugly or doesn't have specs to show for.
7. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 16 Oct 2012, 02:08 2 0
no i didnt say you said that i was jus giving my personal opinion on it :)
and was maybe saying it may be worth the price thats all
15. Nookie4u posted on 16 Oct 2012, 02:30 2 0
awesome specs and cool design, the only let down for me is the non-expandable storage.
10. wendygarett posted on 16 Oct 2012, 02:11 1 8
That's phablet... Not surprised if it expensive...
12. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 16 Oct 2012, 02:18 1 0
this isnt really a phablet wendy........a phablet is 5 inches and above like Note and Note 2
14. wendygarett posted on 16 Oct 2012, 02:26 0 6
You can use it as phone and also a tablets...
If it is not phablet... What is it??
16. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 16 Oct 2012, 02:44 6 0
you can use it "with" a tablet not "as" a tablet wendy
21. wendygarett posted on 16 Oct 2012, 02:59 0 5
My mistake :D
But still it is an alternative right? Lol
25. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 16 Oct 2012, 03:11 1 0
depends, if you wanna look at it like that then yea i guess, but phablets are in the 5+ range wendy
24. bayusuputra posted on 16 Oct 2012, 03:09 4 0
phablet is not a definition for a phone that can dock into a tablet station..
phablet is a cross device between phone and tablet..
Padfone is a phone, not a tablet and not a phablet.
But it can dock into a tablet chassis that will turn it into a tablet..
and that doesn't mean it's a phablet..
18. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 16 Oct 2012, 02:49 4 1
at least cheaper than the iPhone! :)
23. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 16 Oct 2012, 03:08 2 0
I don't think the phone is expensive if the software is done right. The specs are very good.
But I agree that the pad is very expensive, how come the pad is as expensive as N7 even when bundled with the phone, and close to iPad2 when sold alone?
28. NAHEK posted on 16 Oct 2012, 05:04 2 0
This isn't expensive. It's a little more than S3, but you get a better the quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 and 2GB of RAM and a 13MP camera.. A good display(in my opinion) and you can turn it into a TABLET! A good tablet. For only 200-300$(the tablet). How can you say that's expensive ?
29. Hammerfest posted on 16 Oct 2012, 05:04 2 1
Very, for this price I expected ASUS to match its Infinity tablet with 1920x1200 resolution and higher pixel density on the tablet portion (seeing as it makes a huge difference, yes I own a 1280x800 tablet and have used the Infinity, its a grand canyon affair when it comes to quality).
Its disapointing enough to be written off as something I wont be buying.
Everything else looks nice however...
48. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 16 Oct 2012, 12:51 0 0
lmaooo ikr.....it was super late when they posted this article and all i was thinking ....Super bad chick with a sexi phone in her hand .....i'll take em both! LOL
39. ckingt4 posted on 16 Oct 2012, 08:11 1 0
Its really not bad, just not subsidised. I get an unsubsidised phone every other year and its been between 600 and 800, so its just about right I guess.
3. rustyimtiaz posted on 16 Oct 2012, 02:03 6 3
Optimus G who???? Padphone 2's kid!!!! Gonna get this!!! Optimus G sry m not getting u!!!!
8. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 16 Oct 2012, 02:09 7 0
you mean iphone who..........padphone baby! lolz
20. cr4zyn1nj4 posted on 16 Oct 2012, 02:56 2 0
I can't believe they went with 1280x800 again. For such a premium product, that just makes no sense to me :(
22. darkskoliro posted on 16 Oct 2012, 03:02 2 0
Ill have to see for myself whether or not this 1280x800 is going to bother me, because I really like the HD display on the infinity...
17. erikiksaz posted on 16 Oct 2012, 02:48 0 4
And asus had to go and fsck it up by adding their stupid logo right underneath the soft keys. Way to disrupt the otherwise beautiful design.
19. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 16 Oct 2012, 02:50 0 1
this is innovation!!! really loving this!!! bur i wish price a bit cheaper though! :)
26. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 16 Oct 2012, 03:18 1 1
i wish asus will be like samsung and be a tiger in mobile space too!
27. darac posted on 16 Oct 2012, 03:19 1 0
HTC my foot.. Asus is the boss of Taiwan.
This phone is beats the One x + and just about anything else.
Had they made the tablet station full hd, it would've also turn into the best, most powerful tablet on the market!
32. baditrick posted on 16 Oct 2012, 06:14 1 0
Holy **** The model holding the white padfone is EXTREMELY HOT!!!! I prefer her over the phone :) Anyone know what is her name? lol
34. estreito posted on 16 Oct 2012, 06:55 1 0
This is way better than a phone and a tablet individually, because everything is in the same device.
With 3g data usage costs in my country (Portugal), cloud storage isn't really an option...
In this subject, why is 3g data usage so expensive?
35. someones4 posted on 16 Oct 2012, 07:25 0 0
i wonder if the tablet portion can function by itself? i want one if that's the case. phone and tablet in a package
36. darac posted on 16 Oct 2012, 07:32 1 0
No it cannot function, it's just a screen and a battery - no processor or memory.
But keep in mind that Padfone's S4 Pro is the most powerful SoC right now, so when you hook it to this screen you get one beastly tablet
49. someones4 posted on 16 Oct 2012, 19:30 0 0
slight bummer. i keep imagining that it functions separately. then you can multitask more easily. looks cooler too
37. darac posted on 16 Oct 2012, 07:35 0 0
Anyway, i have to note that phone and a tablet shell extension will be an unbeatable combination once they make it function OVER THE AIR.
I don't think it's an impossible proposition at all.
41. Mr.Mr.Upgrade posted on 16 Oct 2012, 09:35 0 4
Padfone wtf back to the drawing board...not catchy name
42. KingKurogiii posted on 16 Oct 2012, 10:38 0 0
bring it to Verizon and I would seriously consider this. o:
43. The_Innovation posted on 16 Oct 2012, 10:58 0 0
*IF* it even comes to U.S. carriers, it's going to be split into 8mp and a 13mp models. lolz
44. tgtftw posted on 16 Oct 2012, 11:36 1 0
I'll wait till the reviews and hope it will be compatable with VZW. I need something to compare HTC's next monster with before making a decision.
45. jhattara posted on 16 Oct 2012, 11:38 0 0
Everyone who considers this expensive, please note, it's pretty close to HTC One X+ but you also get the 10" tablet dock with backup battery for €100 or less.
46. cncrim posted on 16 Oct 2012, 11:52 0 1
I don't know all about you guys, but for me I pass on this one..... alway wait for at least 2nd generation phone before I buy. Normally the first one is experience phone quite a lot of bug need to iron out, that's why I buy 2nd gen or later.
47. jhattara posted on 16 Oct 2012, 11:58 0 0
This is the 2nd generation device. Original PadFone has been available for four months in select regions around the world.
50. Nikolas.Oliver (limited) 4 days ago posted on 16 Oct 2012, 20:08 1 0
can i buy that girl on the picture?
51. Fuego84 posted on 16 Oct 2012, 22:10 0 0
This is definitely something I want but at these prices it better not hold back on the updates. That would make it an old android device fast.
52. jhattara posted on 17 Oct 2012, 17:22 0 0
So far original PadFone has received updates about 6 months after a new Android version was released. Jelly Bean is rumored to arrive in December.
53. Fuego84 posted on 19 Oct 2012, 13:16 0 0
I can't wait! Does Asus have this patented? Can and will other manufacturers like Samsung, HTC, or Motorola make these padfones?. I really want one but this video only shows Japan's version of the device right? I mean I want to buy one but not if 3g is what it offers I want 4g Lte since all carriers are basically going there.