Asus Eee Pad Transformer gains Netflix app support with its latest software update
0. phoneArena posted on 23 Aug 2011, 20:15
With build 18.104.22.168, it finally brings added support for the Netflix app without the hassle of being required to root the Asus Eee Pad Transformer– so essentially, you’ll only need to track down that Netflix .apk file and install it...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Stuntman posted on 23 Aug 2011, 21:19 0 0
Now if there were a way to get Crackle working, I'd be happy.
2. apple-waaa (unregistered) posted on 24 Aug 2011, 00:49 0 0
Correction. It does not work on the transformer unless its rooted. I tried with the system update and several different apks and it wouldn't stream.
10. rkochman (unregistered) posted on 25 Aug 2011, 21:06 0 0
I agree. Update doesn't allow streaming unless I'm missing something
3. remixfa posted on 24 Aug 2011, 01:29 0 0
i have netflix on my LG G-Slate... even before the 3.1 update. Its called download it to your phone, then email it to yourself. It doesnt take any magic at all. just get it from your email on your tablet, and your all set. works like a charm.
7. CX3NT3_713 posted on 24 Aug 2011, 02:25 0 0
I had Netflix working on my G-slate, but after the 3.1 update, it no longer works!!!!
4. BigJimMcD (unregistered) posted on 24 Aug 2011, 01:37 0 0
Netflix APP is working on my ASUS Eee Pad Transformer after installing latest Firmware Update 22.214.171.124. The Netflix APP installed previously works to play Videos now. I did not need to re-install the Netflix APP.
5. BigJimMcD (unregistered) posted on 24 Aug 2011, 01:41 0 0
Netflix APP is working on my ASUS Eee Pad Transformer after installing latest Firmware Update 126.96.36.199. My Eee Pad is NOT "rooted". I verified that the Neflix APP works by watching parts of several different videos on my Eee Pad.
6. Jasonryy (unregistered) posted on 24 Aug 2011, 01:54 0 0
Where do you get the apks from guys?
9. Rl (unregistered) posted on 25 Aug 2011, 11:33 0 0
Found the apk on xda. Working great on the Asus...without rooting.
11. rangerrik1 (unregistered) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 21:17 0 0
It worked for me. I have a stock firmware (not rooted) transformer. Just installed latest firmware build. Changed setting to allow non market apps to be installed, went to web site and downloaded apk file and installed.
I'm sitting here watching a show in my instant queue-looks and works great! I've been waiting a month for this. Freak'n awesome!!!
12. francia (unregistered) posted on 21 Sep 2011, 23:38 0 0
So what website do i go to to download the apk file
13. Tes (unregistered) posted on 06 Oct 2011, 08:09 0 0
I cannot find a Netflix app for my Asus EEE Pad Transformer TF101. Would appreciate some detailed instructions. Tech support at Asus was non-existent regarding this app.
14. connie1052 (unregistered) posted on 10 Oct 2011, 15:04 0 0
i wish people would explain things a little simpler. not everyone is computer savvy. what does apk and xda mean? everyone says how its working on their asus but doesnt explain step by step what to do, very frustrated, just got my asus and that is one of the things i wanted to put on it