Assembled new iPhone 5 leaks, claiming it's the real deal
0. phoneArena 13 Jun 2012, 02:25 posted on
We've seen purported schematics, front and back panels of the next iPhone, but we haven't seen the thing assembled so far, and today's leak filled that inexcusable omittance. The assembled iPhone back looks very much stuffed in that unibody backplate that leaked last week with the funky speaker grills, seems to be machined pretty well for a fake, despite the scuffs and scratches, and the source says there aren't traces of Photoshop wizardry, but we won't know until we see the real thing...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. SSyar (Posts: 14; Member since: 03 Jan 2012)
dunno but.. !! if you can take a pic from this close why not take it with proper angles !!
6. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
maybe because an apple employee "rebelled" and wanted to "use it" against apple. lol.
maybe they wanted the hype the Galaxy S III got, since a lot was disappointed with the 4S.
54. Hemlocke (unregistered)
Yes, judging by how the 4s has already sold more than the entire Galaxy line, it seems many were disappointed. If you don't think there is more hype for the iPhone than any other phone, then you have been partaking in some illegal substances.
22. PhoneLuver (Posts: 481; Member since: 05 Jul 2010)
Any one else notice that the headphone jack is now at the bottom?
39. Synack (Posts: 677; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
Putting the charger and headphone jack on the same side of the phone, the bottom in this case, is the best design. It allows you to mount your phone ways that you normally couldn't and it allows you to stick it in things like cupholders and stuff in your car or other places.
43. PhoneLuver (Posts: 481; Member since: 05 Jul 2010)
Unless you have a charging dock.. I suppose future docks will make provision for this. Maybe you could even charge the phone via the headphone jack?
52. Penny (Posts: 1653; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
It appears to me that Apple is trying to make it so that when you plug your phone into a dock, you would also be connecting the headphone input. This would mean that the dock itself would have a headphone jack, so you would connect whatever audio device you are using to your dock instead of to the phone directly.
59. EarnYourLeather (Posts: 87; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Except for the fact that the iPod dock port can, and often is, already be used to transmit audio as a line-out. This serves primarily to audio purists who want to bypass the player's internal amplifier when plugging into an external amp or home receiver.
Putting the headphone-out and the line-out next to each other doesn't really have any purpose in that regard.
25. APPLE_R0YALLY (banned) (Posts: 73; Member since: 08 May 2012)
We are all happy with this design, which Apple the iPhone
4 is an marque of prestige.... The design repeats its self
, just like how Porsche and Ferrari.... Awaiting
for the iconic one and only iPhone. This will cause
Hype like no other... we thanks Apple yet again.. We like that™
29. bayusuputra (Posts: 963; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
and yet if HTC or Samsung repeat their design legacy, the sheeps said they are boring..
48. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
It is more the android people calling it boring.
44. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Whoa. This guy brings an elegance to fanboy-ism. I applaud you sir. Perhaps a bit too gaudy though, try to tone that down a bit
57. issa8 (Posts: 54; Member since: 26 Jul 2011)
LOL who the eff are you? "We are all happy with this design" .. who is "we"?
Must be a troll..don't feed it
62. Roomaku (Posts: 278; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
Yeah well i'd rather have a phone that i don't have to put in case to keep it looking good. I mean how many iPhones do you see covered in a big bulky cases, I mean if I want something that's supposed to be so ascetically beautiful and then put some case on it? It just seems like your taking away from what the phone makers want to show off in design. With the iPhone it's to easily broken out off a case. A lumia 800 with no case and gorilla glass screen wins over the fragile iPhone anyway, at least in my book...
33. geoffers247 (Posts: 19; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
Might just get a One X or GSIII. Iphone doesn't look special anymore
53. chriski333 (Posts: 22; Member since: 05 May 2012)
looks like crap like u take electric tape put it around it and looks the same as the 4s u fail apple think of something new
69. The_Godfather (Posts: 187; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Bit big screen with the same s**tty dead icons based OS.
Apple you have to grow now I think its enough copying others stuff and time to do on your own now :)
2. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
I have to say, it's sexy.
Too bad it will be overpriced and will be running iOS 6 for a year... and hardware will be very mediocre.
8. phitch (Posts: 214; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Sexy? It looks exactly the same as the iPhone 4/4s with a bigger screen.
60. EarnYourLeather (Posts: 87; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Which is, almost unarguably by overwhelming consensus, a sexy phone. This is coming from a MAXX user who utterly detests iOS. The unibody all-black-everything design is sure to go over well.
Aesthetically, it's a definite thumbs up.
9. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
What? No I have to disagree with the sexy part.. looks exactly the similar to iphone 4!!!
3. parvsingh05 (Posts: 98; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
Well finally the year wen we'L see the mighty iphone 5
4. sportsinger75 (Posts: 71; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
Loving the design of this. Too bad it'll be way too overpriced to buy for my Straight Talk plan. Guess I'll have to stick with my One X.
5. WinC76 (unregistered)
Should make the edges on the back a little bit curved. Would improve comfortability.