Assembled new iPhone 5 leaks, claiming it's the real deal
0. phoneArena 13 Jun 2012, 02:25 posted on
We've seen purported schematics, front and back panels of the next iPhone, but we haven't seen the thing assembled so far, and today's leak filled that inexcusable omittance. The assembled iPhone back looks very much stuffed in that unibody backplate that leaked last week with the funky speaker grills, seems to be machined pretty well for a fake, despite the scuffs and scratches, and the source says there aren't traces of Photoshop wizardry, but we won't know until we see the real thing...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. SSyar (Posts: 14; Member since: 03 Jan 2012)
dunno but.. !! if you can take a pic from this close why not take it with proper angles !!
6. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
maybe because an apple employee "rebelled" and wanted to "use it" against apple. lol.
maybe they wanted the hype the Galaxy S III got, since a lot was disappointed with the 4S.
54. Hemlocke (unregistered)
Yes, judging by how the 4s has already sold more than the entire Galaxy line, it seems many were disappointed. If you don't think there is more hype for the iPhone than any other phone, then you have been partaking in some illegal substances.
22. PhoneLuver (Posts: 481; Member since: 05 Jul 2010)
Any one else notice that the headphone jack is now at the bottom?
39. Synack (Posts: 676; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
Putting the charger and headphone jack on the same side of the phone, the bottom in this case, is the best design. It allows you to mount your phone ways that you normally couldn't and it allows you to stick it in things like cupholders and stuff in your car or other places.
43. PhoneLuver (Posts: 481; Member since: 05 Jul 2010)
Unless you have a charging dock.. I suppose future docks will make provision for this. Maybe you could even charge the phone via the headphone jack?
52. Penny (Posts: 1625; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
It appears to me that Apple is trying to make it so that when you plug your phone into a dock, you would also be connecting the headphone input. This would mean that the dock itself would have a headphone jack, so you would connect whatever audio device you are using to your dock instead of to the phone directly.
59. EarnYourLeather (Posts: 87; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Except for the fact that the iPod dock port can, and often is, already be used to transmit audio as a line-out. This serves primarily to audio purists who want to bypass the player's internal amplifier when plugging into an external amp or home receiver.
Putting the headphone-out and the line-out next to each other doesn't really have any purpose in that regard.
25. APPLE_R0YALLY (banned) (Posts: 73; Member since: 08 May 2012)
We are all happy with this design, which Apple the iPhone
4 is an marque of prestige.... The design repeats its self
, just like how Porsche and Ferrari.... Awaiting
for the iconic one and only iPhone. This will cause
Hype like no other... we thanks Apple yet again.. We like that™
29. bayusuputra (Posts: 961; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
and yet if HTC or Samsung repeat their design legacy, the sheeps said they are boring..
48. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
It is more the android people calling it boring.
44. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4250; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Whoa. This guy brings an elegance to fanboy-ism. I applaud you sir. Perhaps a bit too gaudy though, try to tone that down a bit
57. issa8 (Posts: 54; Member since: 26 Jul 2011)
LOL who the eff are you? "We are all happy with this design" .. who is "we"?
Must be a troll..don't feed it
62. Roomaku (Posts: 278; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
Yeah well i'd rather have a phone that i don't have to put in case to keep it looking good. I mean how many iPhones do you see covered in a big bulky cases, I mean if I want something that's supposed to be so ascetically beautiful and then put some case on it? It just seems like your taking away from what the phone makers want to show off in design. With the iPhone it's to easily broken out off a case. A lumia 800 with no case and gorilla glass screen wins over the fragile iPhone anyway, at least in my book...
33. geoffers247 (Posts: 19; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
Might just get a One X or GSIII. Iphone doesn't look special anymore
53. chriski333 (Posts: 22; Member since: 05 May 2012)
looks like crap like u take electric tape put it around it and looks the same as the 4s u fail apple think of something new
69. The_Godfather (Posts: 186; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Bit big screen with the same s**tty dead icons based OS.
Apple you have to grow now I think its enough copying others stuff and time to do on your own now :)
2. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
I have to say, it's sexy.
Too bad it will be overpriced and will be running iOS 6 for a year... and hardware will be very mediocre.
8. phitch (Posts: 214; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Sexy? It looks exactly the same as the iPhone 4/4s with a bigger screen.
60. EarnYourLeather (Posts: 87; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Which is, almost unarguably by overwhelming consensus, a sexy phone. This is coming from a MAXX user who utterly detests iOS. The unibody all-black-everything design is sure to go over well.
Aesthetically, it's a definite thumbs up.
9. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
What? No I have to disagree with the sexy part.. looks exactly the similar to iphone 4!!!
3. parvsingh05 (Posts: 98; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
Well finally the year wen we'L see the mighty iphone 5
4. sportsinger75 (Posts: 71; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
Loving the design of this. Too bad it'll be way too overpriced to buy for my Straight Talk plan. Guess I'll have to stick with my One X.
5. WinC76 (unregistered)
Should make the edges on the back a little bit curved. Would improve comfortability.
7. -box- (Posts: 3990; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Still looks like an HTC that got attacked with an iphone-shaped cookie cutter... how very innovative. The sharp edges are/were the worst part of the current/next iPhone series and that is the one element they keep. Brilliant.
The metal construction will really help with the iphones' legendary reception... /s
10. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Looks like the leaked case images we saw in an earlier article. I think this could be the real deal, but the only way to know for sure is to wait for Apple to reveal it. I also think they made the top and bottom stand out to make it obvious that they changed the screen size.
11. doubler86 (Posts: 320; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
I give you the iPhone 5! *yawn* Oh sorry I got really bored all of a sudden.
12. tiara6918 (Posts: 1971; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
If this the real new iPhone. I hope that apple would change the design with a more scratch proof one, it's not always that easy for us to maintain and keep the phone from getting scratches
13. getalife2203 (Posts: 10; Member since: 05 Jun 2010)
Looks like its running the old version of iOS since its Maps is not the new version, but it seems like Apple have increased the number of rows horizontally. And do I see 320GB on the back panel of the phone? I thought prototype were not supposed to have those but instead should have "XXXGB" ?
18. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
All I see there is a blur. Maybe something more like 32GB?
16. wendygarett (unregistered)
chill out troll, your lumia 900 desigm also far better than this :)
20. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
The proper term is Fandroid sir, sheep is the ios user insult and sheeps is not a word, the word sheep is both plural and singular.
15. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
quite a good-looker. I wish it had double speaker like n95 had had previously. And finally they decided to ditch this stupid, unpractical and fragile glass-back-cover and use something more ordinary but much more useful.
It's an iphone, don't like it, but design is quite appealing.
And stop whinning about boring and the same design. All htc look the same. The same goes to samsung. But when Nokia came with something fresh, it was wrong as well. You fanboys are haters are so frikking indecisive.
17. HeroJC (Posts: 1; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
It's using the old Maps icon. I don't see why even a prototype iPhone 5 would use the old maps, but it's possible i guess?
19. wendygarett (unregistered)
HEY!! Thats my ip4s case!! Fake!!
Anyway eventhough is real... Im stil stick my ip4s
Not a worth update
21. Doakie (Posts: 1791; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Yawn... Lame news... Has the Galaxy S3 launched yet? I'm ready for a man's phone like the GS3. I have no use for this stupid iPurse ornament. Maybe this will go good with a woman's maxiPad...
24. DIYguy (Posts: 190; Member since: 27 Feb 2011)
I can't buy the speaker grills, they look awfull otherwise it's pretty sleek looking.
27. Evil_SaNz (Posts: 259; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Will be very stylish, sadly ios 6 with the usual UI will start being boring. Just imagine in 2020: still same non customizable 4x4 icon grid? Still same slide to unlock lock screen? Hopefully not.
35. Fallout09 (Posts: 421; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
You are mistaken... that would be 4 X 5 icon grid....
28. tedkord (Posts: 9086; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I'm not sure if I buy this, since the angles are so tight on the pics its tough to get a real idea of it. May be real, and like the 4/4s its pretty. Removing the glass from the back is a good thing. I preferred the edge be kept metallic, but its not bad all monochromatic like that. If this is real, its just a hair less attractive than the 4/4s.
32. Mitchel (Posts: 228; Member since: 25 May 2012)
I think it's fake! Look at the apple logo, it's black. Lol
But if the new iPhone will look exactly like that, that is quite great design with premium build. Btw I'm an Android fan, but i gotta give credit where it's due. iPhone builds sleek & premium build phones.
34. NotaFanBoy (Posts: 10; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
If this is going to be the final product, then I'll stick with my 4S.....or switch to windows phone 8.
38. hltechie (unregistered)
Looks somewhat legit. Regardless of how the iPhone 5 (or the New iPhone or whatever it will be called) will look I wish Apple will just build a more durable phone. Right now you drop the dang thing and it shatters... Great design there Apple. From these pictures it looks like at least the back of the phone is made of a different material then glass.
40. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
its not real. the paint is scuffing off at many of the edges. the real iphone wouldnt do that. Not just corners, but edges where material meets that dont normally get a lot of scuffing like the edge of the screen where it meets the bezel. Its either scuffing or improper coloring from photoshop.
Its just a really well made/photoshopped fake.
41. theoak (Posts: 324; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
I love the 16x9. I am disappointed though that it is not 720P.
42. aschamy (Posts: 7; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
It looks Real, However the 2nd. Photo Shows a UI from older Gens. in theory should be runing IOS 6, (easy to tell, the maps are from google)
45. imkyle (Posts: 1066; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
If this is the casing for the next iPhone... It does look nice.
47. domspencer01 (Posts: 15; Member since: 08 Mar 2012)
Like the back a lot. I think that the flash looks pretty sick. Though I'm not impressed with the screen size or the top bezel on the front of the phone. Hopefully they will make some design changes. Innovation (while not seemingly in Apple's vocabulary at the moment) will make the market better. I hope this brings a lot to the table. It will make my next android better.
50. lauremar (Posts: 181; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
Aside from the headphone jack placement, charger connector and the speaker grill, it looks like a stretched out iPhone 4/4S... How is this innovative? LMAO
51. Wuzupmyhomiz (Posts: 1; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
I'd like to note, that several other, more creditable websites are showing these pictures saying that THIS IS A 3D COMPOSITE IMAGE SOMEONE CAME UP WITH, with influence from the leaked iPhone parts.
Thus why some images on the display and back are off. You are welcome.
Go to RedmondPie if you dont beleive me.
63. _PHug_ (Posts: 435; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
"Go to RedmondPie if you dont beleive me."
Sounds like a porn site.