Asphalt 8: Airborne is coming ‘very soon’ and new teaser is out (video)
0. phoneArena 31 Jul 2013, 06:21 posted on
Asphalt is a legendary racing franchise and Asphalt 8: Airborne promises to live up to the name with jaw-dropping console-grade graphics…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. sorcio46 (Posts: 434; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
"Retina" is a useless brand to fool idiots invented by Apple inc. please don't use it when we are talking about Nexus devices
6. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 501; Member since: 07 May 2012)
retina is just a phrase coined by apple stating they have a high enough pixel density that the human eye is unable to notice pixelation at a typical viewing distance
10. zibbyzib2000 (Posts: 221; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Yet some people will still call the Google Play Store the "App Store" You can't blame Apple for the catchy names and idioms. Don't complain.
15. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
I laugh at every idiot who still toses that word around as a good thing because retina is crap compared to a 1080p display.
20. sorcio46 (Posts: 434; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
apple stating -> no scientific proof = commercial ad
And it's completely false cause everyone that would have tried a Nexus 10 or an HTC One can tell that there is more pixel density compared to the iPad 4 and the iPhone with their "retina" displays.
19. Kevinphantom (Posts: 82; Member since: 17 Jun 2013)
Retina is like 2007 display technology thats now been f**ked up by amoled 1080p haha .
2. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3696; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Cool. I just love Asphalt 6 & 7 so much. Asphalt 8 would also be very good.
3. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Coming very soon? That's what they said a month or two ago
4. aayupanday (Posts: 573; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
They've also been reaching near console quality graphics since the past couple of years ...
7. pixel8or (Posts: 54; Member since: 10 Jun 2010)
And will continue to do that probably until consoles go away (if ever). Somewhat asymptotic.
16. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Not even close to a 360/ps3, maybe call of duty and the other crap quality games like that. Come back to me when you get a phone that can run a game that looks better than crysis 1 on PC maxed. It won't happen for a long time.
8. kalloud (Posts: 147; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
I heard that it'll be released on August 8th
Asphalt 8 on 8/8/2013 !
13. ngyixian96 (Posts: 91; Member since: 05 Feb 2012)
I knew that release date is for android , how about iOS ?
17. kalloud (Posts: 147; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Have no idea but I guess it will be released simultaneously on both iOS and Android.
9. livyatan (Posts: 867; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Just wait to see Real Racing 4 and next NFS release.
EA tasted a serious profit with the freemium model, especially with RR3 and will go all out with their 2014th titles.
Frostbite go and next generation mobile GPU's will make the "console grade" moniker pointless
11. zibbyzib2000 (Posts: 221; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
No... just no. Real Racing is not fun to play at all. I love the Asphalt series because of the crazy race tracks and fast cars. Real Racing is "realistic" and you just go in flat circles with no jumps or nitro boosts or anything fun. That's just my 2 cents.
14. Oxygen (Posts: 125; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Same here, RR3 and NFS graphics are better than this imo.
18. Avenger337 (Posts: 68; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
The game looks really good. I look crave
21. Kishin (Posts: 704; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Damm its probably gonna cost $6.99 or 7.99!
22. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Where is Asphalt 8? There's a spammers fake app by Gameluft but now official game by gameloft