Asphalt 8: Airborne is coming tomorrow and new trailer is out
0. phoneArena 21 Aug 2013, 04:11 posted on
Asphalt 8: Airborne is coming to iOS and Android tomorrow, and Gameloft has just released the latest trailer for the adrenaline-packed racer…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1288; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Smartphone has almost reached the high equality graphics of console games.
and will this game available on WP tomorrow or after an year????
seriously gameloft, don't forget the 3rd best platform.
2. mishooo111 (Posts: 30; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
yes but the physics still suck in most games
3. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
yay!! finally!!! Gameloft have been saying 'Coming Soon' for the last 4 months!!! Yeah, i know there has been hold ups but seriously? 4 months is not soon!!!
4. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
theyve been teasing us forever, hurry up! Also, I want Burnout 3 Takedown!
5. zlebors (Posts: 5; Member since: 10 Apr 2013)
why he laughing at the end of the trailer? curious :D
6. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
"The new Asphalt 8 will also be optimized to run on the new Nexus 7 with its amazing 1920 x 1200 ‘Retina’ display."
Are you trying to make us mad on purpose? Retina is a played out term that came out over 2 years ago and has no true place with Android. Just yesterday LG announced a 5.5" 2560x1440 display with a DPI of 538ppi. Iphone's retina display is only "326ppi". I "see" a big difference with those numbers.
This is no different than saying that the Snapdragon 800 has iPhone A6 like performance. Apple's gear is mid range compared to Android and should not be on a level playing field with Android's best.
9. regkilla (Posts: 83; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
Fandroid is that why games have zero lag and start up faster on the iPhone 5 than on the Galaxy S4 and HTC One. Web Browsing is the fastest in the market still. The OS is smoother on the iPhone 5 than even the latest version of Android.
10. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Ignore him, he's just a fanboy from 1974.
13. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Only reason iPhones are running smooth today is because their GPU’s are not getting taxed enough compared to the Android heavy hitters that run at much higher resolutions. And let’s not forget that iOS is still based on an operating system from 2007 that has largely went unchanged. Even iO7 is still handcuffed to their archaic resolution restrictions and don’t scale well when changed. Even WP phones are about to beat Apple to 1080p displays in phones; so pathetic.
The Apple today is nothing but compromise and all about fruity colors and plastic. Either Apple forgot how to make high end phones or their just too afraid to do so. What’s even worst is that once iPhone 5S is released it will be a year behind the competition from the start.
16. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
you make good points with numbers and yet you are unable to defend regkilla's take on actual performance for iOS vs android
14. PootisMan (Posts: 245; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
Yeah, but $0.99 is a very good deal for a new release.
19. asrail (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Aug 2013)
It is on App Store for a while, but haven't made into Google Play.
20. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
still no sign on google play? yeah, i know it only 8.15am but when you say it released today, i was expecting to find it in play store at midnight. Get it together gameloft