Asphalt 8: Airborne Review
0. phoneArena 23 Aug 2013, 09:36 posted on
Asphalt 8: Airborne feels like an action movie. Drift, jump off platforms, hit other cars, you’ll quickly forget your thoughts of safe driving - all to get you more precious nitro…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. valapsp (Posts: 491; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
The graphics are OK but it mostly looks like kids game. You don't get such a feeling when playing the NFS MW.
3. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1440; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
this is true with the entire Asphalt series , lots of great cars (you get Ferraris unlike the EA ) but the overly annoying woman driver , cartoonish graphics and gameplay that defy's the laws of physics make it more suitable for younger gamers
25. kenobi (Posts: 35; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
You're half right. Until the 7, it was childish. this 8 is more heavy on fast pumping fun which is the fast lane of racing games and somehow i found that it covers up the childish side. This one expand more beyond young gamers to fun gamers
2. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Sir, since you used note 2, what variant is it? N7100? Also, does it lag? Thank you.!
6. superfans (Posts: 155; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
I know It lags on my device ! Waste of money ! Btw, I use iPhone 4S ! Might try on s4 later.
16. vincelongman (Posts: 2534; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Dam, Asphalt 7 was already very laggy on my iPod Touch 4, so I guess 8 will be far too laggy.
7. Victor.H (Posts: 526; Member since: 27 May 2011)
No lag on our Galaxy Note II, perfectly smooth, it was the N7100.
10. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Thank you. Might try this. Wasn't impressed by nfs most wanted on my note 2, maybe this might.
8. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
no lags in the iPhone 5 too, enjoying every bit of this awesome game
4. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
What the hell happened to image 19? i know the game has only been out for a day but wasnt expecting a Minecraft reenactment so soon. lol. Love this game. Will be playing it most of the weekend.
9. evarod48 (Posts: 152; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
it sounds like you say asshole when you say asphalt
11. livyatan (Posts: 865; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Victor, does it have google games integration?
I'd hate to start playing this and get hooked and then not be able to transfer the progress to my future device.
Also, does it stick with medium graphic settings on the Note 2?
I've heard that it does so on the galaxy S3, yet I can't believe this is how good it looks on medium settings.
Just imagine the potential these graphics promise- playing this on the upcoming snapdragon 800 devices ( about 6-8 times the performance of the GPU in the Note 2) and optimized for all that power, it should look truly spectacular and far beyond anything on portable consoles.
14. Victor.H (Posts: 526; Member since: 27 May 2011)
Thanks for asking! Sadly there's no cloud save. Hence, there's no way to transfer your progress across devices. Lets hope an update would fix this like with RR3.
24. kenobi (Posts: 35; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
I don't know about it in android, but for IOS they provide cloud saved profile so don't worry about progressing between devices
12. MirOsamahAli (Posts: 25; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
I tried all graphics quality options, its pretty amazing on high, but the framerates :/
The quality and gameplay is pretty slick on low setting, not very low.
- Nexus 7 2012
15. Jobayer (Posts: 163; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
love the game! ppl who say its for kids don't know what they r in for ,but on the contrary the landing of cars are like Airplanes which is not appreciated should learn from GRID :D
17. rency0722 (Posts: 109; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
Why didn't you try in the Nexus 7 II or in Xperia Z Ultra?
18. imkyle (Posts: 1046; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Or even a Nexus 4 like everyone else is doing on YouTube.
19. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 407; Member since: 24 May 2011)
How is this game on iPad 2? Any lag?
20. ideal_josh (Posts: 29; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
i have the game on ipad 2 and galaxy s3, perfect on both. my galaxy s3 ran preety hot after an hour and a half of gameplay, ipad, well had some screen tearing at the beginning of some races, but damn the game is awesome
21. TuanGugu (Posts: 46; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
Is the $0.99 price going to be a permanent one or is it just for a promotion period? Anyone please answer. I'm thinking of buying this game if that price is a promotion & it might go up after this...
22. PootisMan (Posts: 223; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
No I am pretty sure that's the permanent price it's going to go on sale for, meaning that it isn't a promotion.
23. kenobi (Posts: 35; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Some notes about the game which should have been noticed if u played for several hours.
First, the reward system is, well, not rewarding. Not enough credits from winning to purchase upgrade and new cars. And that force us to look into the in-app purchase. Everybody would rather purchase the more expensive version with better reward system. And about the online multiplayer World Series, they should give more credits for the brave players who participate more and winning 2nd and 3rd posts rather than just giving the credits for the cowards who only participate on the game they could win
26. louisthomson3 (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
I pleased on the awesomeness of Asphalt 8 while playing. What may be the imagination of reality for Asphalt 9 ??
27. ratan (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
Only random multiplayer available . No option to invite friends to join in the same room .
No Cross Platfrom Multiplayer support