Asian OEM sees Apple's court victory leading to a 33% market share for Windows Phone
0. phoneArena 26 Aug 2012, 18:24 posted on
An unnamed Asian executive says that thanks to the jury's verdict in the Apple v. Samsung patent trial, smaller OEMs might want to diversify away from Android due to higher production costs and possible litigation from Apple...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
31. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Apple slides to 7th Position In China. Of the 69.1 million smartphones shipped in China during first half of 2012 Apple managed only 5.2 million. It's these falls that is causing bellyache in Apple quarters and they are going about suing and banning products. This high profile case has only benefited Samsung. Apple only loses more than it gains if these things continue for long.
19. Glim12808 (Posts: 394; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I love Windows Phone! I'm a huge fan but I personally believe the verdict between the Apple-Samsung tussle will have a marginal effect on the growth of WP. WP will have to stand in its own merit to grow market share. And all indications are pointing to WP8 as an OS that can stand shoulder to shoulder, head to head with iOS and Android. Even without the verdict, the OS would have slowly grown market share because with WP8, the platform is finally developing to maturity. But I also believe, OEMs will take more interest in producing WP8 devices. But that in itself will not mean more market share, nor even necessarily result in more market share.
32. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
i think with the way the verdict went you are correct
had samsung been forced to pay licensing fees, i feel companies would shift to microsoft
30. frydaexiii (Posts: 1459; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
That is why I'm hoping Meego takes off. Cos if Android falls (which probably won't happen, but who knows).
1) I'm not going to buy Apple products, and I'm certainly not going to support another tech bully giant.
2) Windows Phone 8 is hideous (WP7 was ok, WP8 was just a cluster-fest), has about the same functionality of iOS or even less. And from listening to how many phone will get updated to WP8 (hear, none of them), Microsoft looks like it's going to treat WP like Windows for PC, only minor updates, but probably not big ones.
34. wendygarett (unregistered)
ANDROID WILL NOT FALL!!
EVEN IF ALL OEM GIVE UP ANDROID THERE STILL MOTOROLA WHO SUPPORT GOOGLE
WHY THE HECK FANDROID NOWADAYS SO DRAMATIC!!!
36. applesauce (banned) (Posts: 165; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
Nothing against android, but people said the same things about BlackBerry and Palm...
37. lyndon420 (Posts: 4479; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Rim and palm died off because they weren't bringing anything out that was competitive enough.
41. test111 (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Nov 2012)
Love my job, since I've been bringing in $5600… I sit at home, music playing while I work in front of my new iMac that I got now that I'm making it online(Click on menu Home)