Ashton Kutcher sends tweet with amazing photo
reviews have been mixed for the film which is the first of two movies about Steve Jobs that will be released in 2013. Jobs deals with the life of the Apple co-founder from 1971 through 2001 and while it doesn't show the years following the release of the Apple iPhone when Apple became one of the most valuable companies on the planet, the movie does open with Jobs introducing the Apple iPod which was the first in a series of consumer products that made Apple what it is today.
The other Steve involved in the story, Steve Wozniak, has said that the movie did not correctly portray his and Steve Jobs' personalities. The Woz said that it was he who had the future vision for the desktop computer. The opening scene of the film makes it seem as though Wozniak had built the computer as a hobby and that there would be no consumer demand for such a device.
Jobs opens on April 19th. The second movie about the late executive is being written by West Wing creator Aaron Sorkin and early drafts of this movie also fail to include the Apple iPhone and Apple iPad in the script. This movie, which is untitled, is supposedly based on Walter Isaacson's biography of Steve Jobs. The lead role has yet to be cast for this movie.
source: AshtonKutcher via RedmondPie
1. cripton805 (Posts: 942; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
I think the lower case j on JOBS makes it look kinda dumb. I can see why they did it thought. Thats a direct reference to the iPHONE.
2. Alan01 (Posts: 192; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
The actual title has been changed, as we mentioned yesterday, to Jobs from jOBS which, as you noted, had been a reference to Apple's stylized spelling of its devices.
6. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
The real half picture thing is so obvious!
The real Question is: ...
3. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 321; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
"The lead road has yet to be cast for this movie." lol, great editing as usual pa
18. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Oh that was on purpose ... haven;t you heard "road" ?
5. blingblingthing (Posts: 441; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Thumbs up if you think the right side is the real side of the late Steve Jobs.
7. jroc74 (Posts: 4936; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
One things for sure.....they did a real good picking a look alike. I know make up helps but still...
20. cheetah2k (Posts: 837; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
A movie about blow jOBS would have been way way way better :p
9. remixfa (Posts: 13930; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
technically, both halves are the real thing.. :) One is the real SJ and one is the real Kutcher. :) j/k
10. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6579; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Wats so amazing bout this? He just copied his face & hair
13. tedkord (Posts: 4937; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
And in copying, her perfectly captured the essence of Steve Jobs. The man was really in character.
11. roscuthiii (Posts: 1836; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Perhaps Ashton is another of Steve's illegitimate children... might explain why it is Ashton keeps getting work. And why just about any piece of electronics on the set of Two & A Half Men is bound to have a certain logo on the back.
(They couldn't release the movie with a title like "jOBS"... Apple would sue them for infringing on their look & feel. *bah-dum-tiss* )
12. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5480; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I'm tired of this artificially inflated bubble about S. Jobs personality...
14. tedkord (Posts: 4937; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Oh, the man had personality. You can't deny that. There's good personality, and there's bad personality.
But in public, he did have charisma.
16. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5480; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Everyone has personality, I agree that his personality is not average, but the bubble is really over inflated.
17. wando77 (Posts: 299; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
Amazing similarity between the two in that they're both c****