As Nokia's share price goes up, lawsuit against the company goes down
The shareholder was accusing Nokia CEO, Stephen Elop, of overstating the awesomeness of the Windows Phone 7 operating system and Nokia's initial line-up with the platform. In addition, Chmielinski claimed that CEO Stephen Elop and CFO Timo Ihamuotila have lied about Lumia sales figures. Because of this, the investor decided to seek some compensation through court.
However, it now turns out that the investor is no longer suing Nokia, as he has dropped all charges for an unknown reason. Some unofficial sources speculate that this may have something to do with Nokia's significant share price rise over the last month. Or who knows, the guy might have finally embraced Windows Phone!
6. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1059; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Good for Nokia, brings diversity to the market
8. Bernoulli (Posts: 1334; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Only for those special people who want to use a windows phone, nor Jolla WILL bring diversity to the market, no doubt about it
9. dexter_jdr (Posts: 886; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
then nokia will still use windows phone, then wll use jolla os soon. (assuming).. its a win-win
10. Bernoulli (Posts: 1334; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Hehe nokia won't use sailfish as long as Elop is the CEO, since he's the one that decided to discontinue it :P
12. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1059; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
so you're fortune telling or somethin pal?
4. gazmatic (Posts: 502; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
i guess it was too late to invest in the first trillion dollar company.... /s
5. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2957; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Sued by own investor...that's not a good thing.
Maybe he was insecure...
7. 7thspaceman (Posts: 835; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Nokia is selling enough smart phones and feature phones to stay aloft. I think they need to make a 4.3 inch high def screen Nokia Lumia 900 with a dual core CPU and other electronics in it to run Window phone 8 on it to have a second super tech smart phone on
the market place. it appears that only the Nokia 920 has a high def screen which makes it have veryt detailed images the rest of the Nokia lines does not have high def screens
even though they are windows 8 smart phones who's OS can run a high def screen
11. asseek (Posts: 164; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
dude do u copy paste this comment on every Nokia news article?
13. MC1123 (Posts: 1219; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
i think it's just normal for him to act like that because windows phone 7 is not really great but ithi think wp8 can't really save them now, still need more ground breaking tech
14. jameshoe (Posts: 128; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
I don't chosen Droid phone, because it requires multi-cores processor and consume a lot battery