As Dell goes private, CEO says it will not try again with smartphones
0. phoneArena 13 Sep 2013, 21:31 posted on
Dell has been out of the smartphone game for a while, and it didn't really have the best run at it when it was designing phones. CEO Michael Dell has finally been able to close the deal to buyout shareholders and make his company private again, and he is excited for the future as a private company. But, that future will not include smartphones, says Dell...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Commentator (Posts: 1866; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Shame, the Venue Pro was one of the all-time beauties with its curved glass. I could take or leave the keyboard though.
2. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 249; Member since: 24 May 2011)
Smart phones are the future. Dell will regret this decision.
11. quakan (Posts: 990; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Unfortunately, they couldn't gain any traction and the losses are what forced them out of industry.
3. fatexo (Posts: 59; Member since: 21 May 2010)
I still use my Venue Pro and it still works flawlessly..
4. volcano (Posts: 195; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
i think they will be back when windowsphone gain a lot of market share
5. rusticguy (Posts: 2696; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Finally Dell will be an employee of Microsoft ... :)
6. lyndon420 (Posts: 1357; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
I miss my streak 5. Hopefully they change their tune as the world goes mobile.
7. Lyngdoh (Posts: 163; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Dell should consider making an Alienware ultrabook.
8. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
9. wk10k (Posts: 6; Member since: 06 Aug 2012)
i want a new laptop. Dude you're getting a Dell!!