As Apple stumbles, Google stock surges to record heights, flirts with $800
0. phoneArena posted on 19 Feb 2013, 09:45
If you are following the stock market with a focus on technology you’d know one thing - the former blue chip Apple stock has fallen catastrophically from…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. Mxyzptlk posted on 19 Feb 2013, 09:56 4 30
Not good for the user if the recent article regarding privacy on the Playstore is of any indication.
13. s.mrabet posted on 19 Feb 2013, 10:28 18 2
In every article, you are desperately trying to defend apple... just pathetic.
22. rusticguy posted on 19 Feb 2013, 12:18 3 3
But still Apple is not getting the attention that it deserves in your opinion right? That's why it has SLIP(PED)
36. jroc74 posted on 19 Feb 2013, 17:39 4 0
In other news.....the latest iOS update
doesn't fix the lock screen flaw...the same flaw that isn't in Android, or isn't anymore.
2. Mxyzptlk posted on 19 Feb 2013, 09:55 4 30
The most valuable company in the world isn't stumbling. The iPhone 5 continues to dominate the market. Only reason stock prices are down is because the next iPhone is on the horizon.
14. s.mrabet posted on 19 Feb 2013, 10:29 15 4
You are in mid life crisis
15. Mxyzptlk posted on 19 Feb 2013, 10:30 2 16
I'm not quite old enough for a mid life crisis.
24. lauremar posted on 19 Feb 2013, 12:39 8 1
Then you've been brain-washed by a certain company or took a bite from the nasty Apple at a young age, or have lived in the bubble that is everything apple. Come on now...
16. gwuhua1984 posted on 19 Feb 2013, 10:33 8 1
No sir, you're not in denial... but saying iPhone 5 dominate the market? You're dreaming. Only the older iPhones are dominating the market.
7. Sniggly posted on 19 Feb 2013, 10:12 10 1
Yes, the next iPhone is on the horizon... Five months after the last one came out. That makes total sense.
Apple's stock is down because investors don't believe as strongly in Apple's position as a true leader in the tech industry. Whereas Google continues to diversify its areas of business and push the tech envelope, as well as lead all competitors with its smartphone platform, Apple continues to remain relatively stagnant, with no penetration in any new product category for the last three years, as well as being perceived as not doing enough to make its popular products really *better* than the competition anymore.
10. Mxyzptlk posted on 19 Feb 2013, 10:16 1 21
How's that any different from Samsung bringing out the next Galaxy despite heavily promoting the current line right now?
They're releasing so many devices under the Galaxy name essentially making the same mistake HTC made.
Google continues to diversify, but you're forgetting that Google is taking many bounds and leaps over protecting users' private info and data. If they continue to do things like that, they'll be digging themselves into a hole that would be impossible to get out.
They continue to make their products "better" but again better is entirely subjective. I'm pretty sure billions of dollars in sales is enough to paint a better picture.
17. p0rkguy posted on 19 Feb 2013, 10:33 10 1
Billions of dollars in sales, lol.
If Apple were to offer you a dollar for a slap on the face, you'd take it. That's what it looks like when defending those with money while giving you no benefits in return.
18. gwuhua1984 posted on 19 Feb 2013, 10:33 2 0
Do you have a credit card?
19. protozeloz posted on 19 Feb 2013, 10:49 1 0
For starters is nearly a year old dude, also most of what you said is utter BS you should try harder
11. p0rkguy posted on 19 Feb 2013, 10:21 0 0
Apple lost that position when their stocks plummeted.
If I remember correctly, Apple stock slowly rises when the next one is on the "horizon" with it breaking new barriers when it actually does arrive.
12. iOS.and.WP.is.the.new.bb posted on 19 Feb 2013, 10:24 5 1
Your most valuable company is struggling to create a RUMORS/FAKE HEADLINE to keep the share price up.
Apple is going where BB10 & WebOS & WP is going... down down down and dead dead dead
33. -box- posted on 19 Feb 2013, 16:39 0 1
If you hadn't included WP you may have gotten a thumb-up from me. WP is still the fastest-growing mobile OS in the world right now, and too much money and momentum from Microsoft to fail.
20. jsdechavez posted on 19 Feb 2013, 10:55 0 0
And the real reason the iPhone would-be buyers are holding up is because the next iPhone will look like the previous iPhone!!! I wonder how they feel when the next iPhone after that comes out...
32. gmracer1 posted on 19 Feb 2013, 15:41 1 1
It's now become too obvious that he purposely posts comments like this one
Mxyz, you're a trip, bro.
37. jroc74 posted on 19 Feb 2013, 17:42 1 0
You are a lil behind on the news. They're not the most valuable anymore. Last I checked it was Exxon, or some company, but it's not Apple.
40. rusticguy posted on 19 Feb 2013, 19:45 2 0
It's no m ore most valuable.... get your stats updated.
4. lauremar posted on 19 Feb 2013, 09:57 12 1
Dear Apple - There's a lesson to be learn here... "Just innovate, don't litigate"... Take it from Google...
5. InspectorGadget80 posted on 19 Feb 2013, 10:04 6 0
GOOD NEWS FOR ONCE! with new android flagship for 2013 with FULL 1080P HD SCREENS on the way
9. ama3654 posted on 19 Feb 2013, 10:14 3 0
Go GOOGLE, this is an achievement Apple can only dream of achieving from now on, open-source for the future-Android, Ubuntu, Joila, Tizen....Now open those GOOGLE retail stores and see wonders!
23. rusticguy posted on 19 Feb 2013, 12:21 1 1
All Apple ANALysts are numbed and silenced in by the shockwave of Thermo nuclear War which has backfired on Apple!!!
28. gallitoking posted on 19 Feb 2013, 13:22 1 9
so now we can expect Google to fall as well...
38. jroc74 posted on 19 Feb 2013, 17:52 0 0
Yea, you are right. Eventually it might. It's just not today. I just remember many Apple, iPhone fanboys gloating when Apple reached $700....
In fact....it fell already. It was $700 before in 2007...or did you miss that in the article.... What the article doesn't say is it was under $700, and hit that number about 2 weeks before Apple did.
29. JunitoNH posted on 19 Feb 2013, 13:46 0 1
You must not be an American. Anyone who desires that, is either young, a fool, a foreigner, and/or all the before mentioned. Economically there's room for both companies, and is great for the country's bottom line. Is almost like saying, you want chevrolet to succeed, but Ford to fail.
39. xtremesv posted on 19 Feb 2013, 18:48 0 0
A country should be proud for having innovating companies which drive the modern world. It's foolish to support mediocre companies due to patriotism alone.
30. shamataa posted on 19 Feb 2013, 15:25 0 0
It's probably the HTC's event today. The HTC one phone is a good phone and stock holders are impress.
31. darkkjedii posted on 19 Feb 2013, 15:38 0 3
Apples stock will skyrocket, if the next iPhone is a winner. Not in the way that all iPhones are winners, but as an something that really deviates from the normal iPhone path. New look to the OS, much larger screen (math), more colors, multiple phones. Apple needs to get out of their comfort zone, and chance it. Your home apple, bottom of the 9th, you're down two runs with runners at the corners, and the batter is hitting 350... Don't strike out.
34. -box- posted on 19 Feb 2013, 16:41 0 0
...so, according to you, apple will copy Samsung/HTC/LG/Motorola/Nokia... well, pretty much everyone else, because it is failing so hard it's desperate to do anything to slow the downward plummet?
35. darkkjedii posted on 19 Feb 2013, 16:50 0 2
Yeah sure uh huh. I'll agree with u if it'll get u to bug someone else