Artist draws renders of new Apple iPhone 5S home button
0. phoneArena 08 Sep 2013, 17:46 posted on
Now that a former biometrics executive says that the home button part leaked for the Apple iPhone 5S is indeed genuine, it is now time to consider exactly what the enhanced home button might look like; pictures of the leaked packaging for the Apple iPhone 5S show a circle around the handset's home button which one would have to think has to do with the fingerprint scanner...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. darkkjedii (Posts: 16943; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
We'll see Tuesday. Debit card is ready, iCloud backup is done, I've already taken Friday the 20th off from work for iPhone, and reception purposes. Apple lets rock. I love face timing with my fiancé ;)
2. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 7699; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Debit card is ready. Old iphone is ready. My pants are ready. Apple just shut up an take our money lol.
3. amiaq (Posts: 503; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
Good luck both of you!! I'm sure your customers will be ok with instant coffee for a day. ;p
20. darkkjedii (Posts: 16943; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Huh? That made no sense, we don't have any customers.
19. darkkjedii (Posts: 16943; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Mxy I've got two buyers lined up for sure at 420 and 430. All I want for my ip5 is 400, so I'm good. Can't wait bro. +1
30. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 7699; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Me to. I have all my info backed up and ready to go +1
58. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1705; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Your pants are ready? Oh yea probably because you are going to s**t them over this pathetic, disappointment of a \"new\" Apple device.
4. parvsingh05 (Posts: 98; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
Can't wait to buy one finally tomorrow unveiling of new gen iphone
5. amiaq (Posts: 503; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
You mean identical exterior but with interior hardware update? it's 'S' for 'Same'.
6. Commentator (Posts: 3137; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Makes you wonder what the 'S' in Galaxy S stands for.
24. darkkjedii (Posts: 16943; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Sweet, successful, student of apple. Not bashing either, but a lot of Sammy's success has come from unifying their brand, and marketing the practical usefulness of their devices. Things they've learned from apple, just look at how their ads are done. Sammy doesn't brag about specs like moto, and instead of selling units like moto, they sell em like apple.
10. ThePython (Posts: 689; Member since: 08 May 2013)
Look at this guy wasting his time flaming other phones...
44. ThePython (Posts: 689; Member since: 08 May 2013)
You see, kid... I use Android. Daily, still, I like iOS but dislike Windows Phone. Do you see me pathetically flaming other platforms? That's what I thought.
Grow up, kid ;)
23. Commentator (Posts: 3137; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Why would I limit myself to flaming just one?
It's pretty funny that you can joke all you want about "S" standing for "Same" when it comes to the iPhone, but when it comes to the Galaxy S it's serious business.
45. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Its an abbreviation for series. Equivalent would be calling it GV4, v meaning version.
37. GeekyGene (Posts: 88; Member since: 25 Aug 2013)
At least we have now confirmed one of the features that will be on the Galaxy S5. Now we will be able to give our Galaxy the S-Finger?
7. GeekyGene (Posts: 88; Member since: 25 Aug 2013)
It would be kinda nice if that ring was also a notification light or something.
9. Commentator (Posts: 3137; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Like it was on the HTC Touch Diamond and Touch Pro back in 2008?
11. GeekyGene (Posts: 88; Member since: 25 Aug 2013)
At least hope it lights up when you put your finger on it. I want to feel like a secret agent every time I unlock my phone XD
15. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I think it will possibly light up but whispers are saying that the home button will include NFC. We'll have to see on Tuesday!
16. Commentator (Posts: 3137; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
That's what the Touch Diamond did! It used capacitance rather than fingerprint scanning, but it was still a really cool design touch. I wish HTC had incorporated it in later devices, now Apple will market the heck out of it and people will think it was their idea.
25. nctx77 (Posts: 1270; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Why the hell do all you android fanboys get so paranoid about Apple getting credit for something? Damn, none of these companies are paying you anything.
26. tedkord (Posts: 7949; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Because it usually means Apple are going sue anyone who uses it after.
28. Commentator (Posts: 3137; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I know that comment was meant for me, but I'm not an Android fanboy, and at any rate the HTC Touch Diamond wasn't an Android phone, so you didn't do me any wrong.
For the record, I don't really care that people will think it's Apple's idea, but I still wish HTC kept using it.
32. GeekyGene (Posts: 88; Member since: 25 Aug 2013)
Yes. That would be a travesty. I could see why you would lose sleep over this.
EDIT: We don't even know if it will light up. It's quite possible not. So you are getting upset over something that probably does not even exist. To say Apple will sue others for it though is a tad dramatic. Possibly over the fingerprint scanning technology? Since they own
33. Commentator (Posts: 3137; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I mean, I guess if I were in your position I would be happy that someone agreed with me about how cool it is that the next iPhone has a neat glowing ring (heck, that rumored LED-ring might tip me over into getting an iPhone [EDIT: although probably not because I'll be getting a Retina iPad Mini, which will most likely incorporate the same thing]) but I guess that's just me.
I suppose I deserved that sarcastic response though. +1 to you for putting me in my place!
34. GeekyGene (Posts: 88; Member since: 25 Aug 2013)
authentec. Anything infringing on patents they owned would be fair game I suppose.
(It cut me off while editing)
13. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3268; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Yo, PA...i'll draw up some renders on the mic pin hole of the iPhone 5S.
Will you make a story out of it too?
17. Eonnaydra (Posts: 217; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
I'm gonna buy 3 iPhones 5S(same) for my non-techie family.
It's a nice handset but I will remain with my dear android.
18. gixxerrider311 (Posts: 25; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
We're seriously 2 days to the iPhone announcement, can you guys cool it with the iarticles?
31. Commentator (Posts: 3137; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Wouldn't the number of articles naturally increase the closer we get to the announcement?
35. darkkjedii (Posts: 16943; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
He's not a techie. A techie would know that bro. +1 techie
21. darkkjedii (Posts: 16943; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
2 days left, I'm locked and loaded. The only thing I hate about Tuesday, is I have to work then hit the gym before I can actually watch the festivities. I'll be following PA closely till I get home. Ready for the big day
27. clevercarlos (Posts: 18; Member since: 08 Sep 2013)
Waiting for Tuesday to come. Let's see what Apple has in store for us!
36. GeekyGene (Posts: 88; Member since: 25 Aug 2013)
I wonder if the ring would be a little irritating if its raised up, pressing the home button as often as you do.
38. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
It's just a button
53. vincelongman (Posts: 3107; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
It has a fingerprint reader, which could be a great replacement for passwords.
It is gimmicky, but it would be very handy, especially for people like me who forget their passwords all the time.
40. hellonerds (Posts: 289; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
have pretty much all iphones lol..kind of over them.. have androids now :) fingerprint thing is a way to keep your phone locked because apple dont know how to secure the lockscreen lol.. note 3 here i come..
41. darkkjedii (Posts: 16943; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Enjoy it, but remember and this applies to all of us. No one cares dude. And whoever wants a note 3, will simply walk into the store and buy it.
54. Rehankhan (Posts: 323; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
'No one cares dude' huh says the guy that bitch all the time about his wedding on a TECH related phone site seriously you are either too dumb or just another troll anyways i already marked all your stupid post as spam smh
42. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
I have moved on from the note 2 to the iPhone 5, would be holding onto that :D . Next year i'll be going for their next offering. After HTC Desire, Sensation and the Note 2 , I am amazed that i find ip5 to be such a wonderful device. It was a phone i used to bash! Waiting for tuesday and fingers crossed for LED on the iPhone
PS - Still a big fan of HTC. Not so much for Samsung, you can wipe the floor with benchmarks and glitches on top of that
46. bucky (Posts: 2145; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I was honestly the same as you. I started with the 2g iPhone then moved to android for many years. Flashing rims eventually gets old I guess. Still amazed with the performance for the 5 and how complete it is.
Dark, I'm grabbing one too and the wife will get my 5
49. darkkjedii (Posts: 16943; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
+1 Bucky. Can't go wrong with it, it's a solid device.
50. darkkjedii (Posts: 16943; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I still have my note 2. I'm keeping it, but if I had to sell it or my ip5...the note 2 would go. My iPhone remains my primary device, for me it's just that good.
51. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
ikr, with iTunes, Appstore and AirPlay it's not just a phone, it's a wonderful ecosystem. \m/
43. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 557; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
It looks like it lights up in different colors. What if they used it as notification light. *sigh* It's just a render.
52. therocker (Posts: 16; Member since: 03 Jul 2011)
Hoping that the home button has an inbuilt LED notification light :D
55. Trex95 (Posts: 844; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Like LG pro! i don't think Apple will copy LG