Art puts forward questions of overwhelming influence of devices
These latest artistic renditions created for a print campaign for Outside’s Go Magazine portray the iPhone as a huge prison in the desert. Created by artist Felipe Luchi, the iPhone picture is part of a three-image series about technology and its imprisoning effect. The other two pictures are of a mouse, a symbol of traditional computing, and of a clock.
Do you agree with the message in the images? Is technology liberating, or overwhelming, imprisoning, what’s its effect on you?
source: Felipe Luchi via Twisted Sifter
Art puts forward questions of overwhelming influence of devices
1. someones4 (Posts: 618; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Like it or not, mobile devices will stay. It will evolve relentlessly and be an integral part of our lives.
Also, i believe that this piece of art was made by some mobile device at some point.
2. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5471; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I like first image, I think that this image reflects the true. :)
4. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5209; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Me too! And I like the second image too, the mouse is just.........oh my god......the mouse is a masterpiece!
8. tech2 (Posts: 1882; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
In second image,
Mouse: Honey, we've got human infestation in the house again ! :D
10. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5209; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
And the conversation continues.........
Keyboard: Noooooooo.........I'm watching a Samsung Galaxy S5 review! Now what do I do? Arghh!!!! The human noise is bothering me!
(10 minutes later, Keyboard can't hear a single word from the review.)
Review: So if you want to learn more about the Samsung Galaxy S5, guys, you can check our webstite PhoneArena.com . This is John V, thanks for watching!
Keyboard: Can you smash my head with the hammer, darling?
17. Phullofphil (Posts: 800; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
I think the mouse would be pretty cool as a sports stadium with the mouse will being some sort of carousel for either a restaurant or a ferris wheel but a restaurant would probably be the coolest and have the whole back area be aConvention Center. But of course add some modern architectural designs to it
3. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2999; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I don't think these pictures are new, cause i saw image of the iPhone prison some months back in Google.
Speaking of iconic representation, the iPhone has become one of the most prominent image that has been used to identify mobile phones...it's annoying sometimes, lol.
5. Firedrops (Posts: 215; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
Why does the artist think that all devices are somewhat imprisoning?
7. Chiddu (Posts: 22; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
Stop commenting about iPhone and android. This is the stupid technology we are using. Just question yourself, are you really BEING HAPPY with your device.
9. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5471; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Stop commenting about iPhone and android."
In case you are lost in the internet space, PhoneArena.com is a news web page in which we are reading and talking about mobile technologies. So why we should stop talking about iPhone or Android?
"This is the stupid technology we are using."
Could you explain me please, If it is stupid technology, then what is smart technology and why we are not using smart technology but using stupid technology?
"Just question yourself, are you really BEING HAPPY with your device."
No, and that's why I'm planning to get newer.
11. Chiddu (Posts: 22; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
1. What is this post on phonearena.com about?
2. Why people are still using windows 7 n xp instead of 8?
3. You can't get a device that make you happy.
12. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5471; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"1. What is this post on phonearena.com about?"
"2. Why people are still using windows 7 n xp instead of 8?"
1. Because some people still use old computers which are not enough powerful to smoothly run newer Operating Systems than Windows XP.
2. Because some people don't have extra money to purchase newer legal Operating System software.
3. Because some people use software which doesn't support newer Operating Systems.
4. Because some people just doesn't feel need for newer Operating System, they are still comfortable with what they already have.
"3. You can't get a device that make you happy."
It is your subjective opinion, but since you don't know me and my needs, it is only your guessings.
Seems that you refuse to answer my questions from my comment #9, aren't you?
13. Chiddu (Posts: 22; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
My questions can answer your questions? Perhaps I should explain you,
1. This news post on phonearena.
2. Those many excuses prove that this is stupid technology.
Hardware in our devices is great but the software just sucks, due to marketing techniques.
3. Are you happy with your previous devices?
14. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5471; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I'm not going to answer any new questions from you since I already have answered to few of your questions from your comment #11 while you still refuse to answer my questions from my comment #9.
And I'm pretty sure that I know why you refuse to answer to my questions, because I think that you have realized what nonsense you were talking in your comment #7 and now you just don't know how to twist out of all that nonsense you have said before... ;)
15. Chiddu (Posts: 22; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
You are just reading my comments but not understanding them.
Explanation: Even I don't know what is smart technology, but I can explain why I had called them stupid tech.
We are not satisfied with the way our mobile phones work. We jailbreak them, gain root access, hack them and do so many things to make them usable with respect to us.
I do not have any disrespect towards engineers and scientists. But the people from marketing ruin our experiences with devices. Admit it.
16. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5471; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"...but I can explain why I had called them stupid tech.
We are not satisfied with the way our mobile phones work. We jailbreak them, gain root access, hack them and do so many things to make them usable with respect to us."
We are smart beings which can configure our devices to our personal, individual needs. And our devices are also pretty "smart" sice they can be adjusted to our personal, individual needs. So in which way it is stupid?